A-TEK – Washington, DC
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working with development teams to drive continuous integration, build and deploy processes, monitor the production development environment, and make improvements to ensure teams meet their goal to provide exceptional IT services to our business customers.
- Continuous integration/Continuous delivery pipeline development with GIT and Jenkins. Containerization of applications with Docker.
- Engineering support will be required to containerize up to 10 applications simultaneously per migration wave through the contract period of performance.
- Container orchestration via Kubernetes.
- Engineering support will be required to implement and maintain orchestration in hosting environments for the Library s Virginia locations, DC4 and DC2 as well as Cloud.
- Familiar with JAVA, Python and PHP languages and MySQL and PostgreSQL DBs
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience working with Linux-based infrastructures, scripting languages and databases and a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related discipline; or, in lieu of a degree, a total of at least 10 years of comparable work experience managing Linux-based infrastructures, experience in at least one scripting language and database management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Skilled in implementing and executing processes to create and fully maintain automated CI /CD
pipelines for code deployments.
- Managing version control systems.
- Configured, Built, deployed and managed containers.
- Systems engineering skills in configuring and managing Linux Systems.
- Developer skills in programming languages, web frameworks, and databases.
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management tools (Jenkins, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent)
- Experience using SolarWinds, AppDynamics and Splunk is highly desirable
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- Integration of Git, Junit Testing and Selenium in continuous deployment
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong in the use of continuous integration and delivery processes and tools
- Bachelors degree preferred
A-TEK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected Veteran status.