Department Description: The Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess HospitalNeedham (BIDNeedham) offers a wide array of personalized services for our patients. We have short wait times and technologists whose top priority is accommodating you. As a community hospital, our staff offers a personal touch not always found at larger institutions. Our radiologists are members of the medical staff of the Beth Israel Deaconess HospitalNeedham and the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) in Boston.
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 29988BR
Job Summary: Possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to the Radiology department. Activities are specifically directed by the manager. Performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties and procedures on inpatients and outpatients in accordance with orders of physicians. Performs these duties using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Assumes responsibility and quality of work in designated areas of procedures as required. This position requires a high level of technical and informatics knowledge and skill, and the ability to work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands and to seek managerial assistance as appropriate.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in performance of all procedures in diagnostic radiology, and in accordance with Infection Control policies.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in scheduling and documentation of exams and maintaining accurate and complete records relative to the examinations performed.
- Demonstrates competency in radiographic and fluoroscopic imaging on inpatients, outpatients, ED patients and in the surgical setting.
- Performs quality control on all equipment according to standard procedures.
- Greets all patients by appropriate title, provides education appropriate to the exam and provides a complete medical record to the Radiologist.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate s degree in Radiology preferred.
- License required., and Registration MARadTech-Radiography required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- ARRT certification in Radiography required. If new graduate, must achieve ARRT in Radiography within 6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Prior experience and knowledge with PACS and CR technology.
- Minimum 1 year of diagnostic radiology experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.