Madewell Digital Analyst
J.Crew Group, Inc. – Long Island City, NY
Madewell is looking for a data-savvy Digital Analyst to join the e-commerce team. The Digital Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the digital business and will develop relationships with internal business stakeholders to assist with dashboards, sharing strategic insights, and providing actionable business recommendations in order to optimize the online experience and maximize sales. The Digital Analyst will be experienced with web analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture), and should be comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative data sources.
The Ideal Candidate
- Site Reporting & Analytics: Create and distribute scheduled and ad hoc KPI reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Work closely with internal marketing, merchandising, creative, operations and technology teams to maximize results through in-depth analysis and actionable recommendations. Support brand initiatives via detailed analytics and competitive assessments.
- Conversion Analysis & Optimization: Fully understand the functionality and application of website analytics tools and use this knowledge to answer business questions and directly report findings to the business decision makers. Own and build out engagement dashboards including site heat maps, merchandising dashboards, and creative recaps. Provide feedback consistently and quickly so the team can make timely improvements.
- A/B testing: Utilize industry trends and conversion analysis to identify testing opportunities. Assist in the management of the A/B testing roadmap and partner with internal creative, operations and tech teams to plan and execute tests. Create a standardized process for tracking and sharing A/B test results.
- Site Tagging & QA: Work closely with the e-commerce product manager to ensure that all new website features and enhancements are properly tracked in Adobe Analytics. Function as the main POC for Adobe Analytics implementation and partner with IT, QA and E-Commerce team members to ensure accurate tagging and tracking. Maintain a source of accurate implementation documentation.
- Site Merchandising Optimization: Track the performance of selling w/in key product folders (new arrivals, denim bar, category pages, etc.) and provide real-time feedback to merchants. Use the tools in Salesforce Commerce Cloud with Adobe Analytics data to test different sorting rules and options to optimize demand within a given product folder. Oversee the performance and optimization of other customer tools (site search, product recommendations, product ratings and reviews, etc.).
- Have ****93 years of experience in an analytics-driven role, preferably in retail e-commerce. Able to learn new concepts and software applications efficiently and thoroughly.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (using Excel w/o a mouse, complicated/nested formulas, keyboard shortcuts, etc.).
- Ability to transform complex data sets into simple visuals, dashboards, and/or PPTs for analytical and non-analytical teammates; can develop actionable intelligence.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), or other web analytics tools.
- Draw insights from disparate data sources, and make connections between qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Experience and knowledge of A/B testing and testing solutions and measurement, with tools such as Monetate.
- Exhibit creative problem solving skills and be able to explain reasoning for problem solving approaches.
- Ability to define and create advanced segments and calculated metrics in web analytics tools.
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of cross-functional teams, from merchandising and creative, to IT and finance.
- Highly motivated self-starter and must be comfortable working independently to achieve successful results with minimal guidance.
- Proactive! - Ability to troubleshoot problems, especially those with no obvious owner; comfort with reaching out to co-workers in all functions to investigate issues.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with fine attention to details. Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting in front of groups.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Internet, online shopping, web design/layout and navigation.
- Have an interest in retail fashion, and an eye for merchandising aesthetics.
- Experience building dashboards and visualizations using Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization software.
- Advanced understanding of various data flows and systems integrations.
- Adobe Analytics Implementation Experience, including business requirements gathering, JIRA story writing, and implementation QA.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Analytics eVars, sProps and Events.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics Workspace for ad hoc analysis and dashboard building.
J.Crew Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.