Microsoft Worldwide Learning (WWL) is tasked with empowering the world through learning. IT professionals, developers, and consumers use our learning products to build their technical skills and advance their careers. Our team in WWL is a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and product management professionals, with a high-energy, hands-on and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We are looking for a skilled and passionate leader with experience in Business Applications, including Dynamics 365, Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow), and Mixed Reality, to lead a team that designs, creates and maintains curriculum paths that provide a rich and best-in-class learning experience for our customers, partners, and Microsoft employees. This technical manager role needs real world experience in planning, deploying, and maintaining technical content across the Business Application technical domains, as well as a visible passion for training customers, partners, and employees.
In this role, you will nurture the vision and roadmap for our Business Application content based on market needs, and coordinate with the Business Application product (engineering and marketing) groups to ensure all our learning assets connect in a way that effectively helps our customers learn and apply their technical skills to solve real-world problems. Strong communication and cross-group collaboration skills are necessary, as you will be expected to stay connected to the engineering teams as they rapidly build and release products and technologies that drive digital transformation across the industry. You will evaluate new features or products and curate existing content assets, create net-new content, and/or update existing content based on those changes and other data & insights. You will manage the content development schedule from concept and skills analysis all the way through final product release. Proven project management skills are essential to this role to keep projects on-track and on-budget during the content development life cycle.
We want you to be a critical thought leader for Business Applications content. You will need to be creative constantly on the lookout for innovative ways to help all our customers access the right learning at the right time with new form factors and delivery technologies. You will also need to be an effective and inspiring manager to motivate the team to deliver the highest quality content. If you are excited by the opportunity to work in a critical business area for Microsoft, and build long-term value for our company and its customers, then we want to hear from you. Responsibilities Primary roles and responsibilities of this position:
- Build/maintain and lead a team of Business Application content developers, to design, author and publish the highest quality learning and certification experiences for the Business Application audiences. This includes on-line and instructor led content (text, videos, interactive media), and hands-on labs.
- Work with Microsoft Business Application Product Groups, including Dynamics 365, Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow), and Mixed Reality, to curate content as well as create, refine, and align the learning experience with product cycles.
- Be a forward-looking thought leader, , partnering with stakeholders to drive the vision for future content, certifications and related customer/partner experiences.
- Support the product management and GTM (peer) team in driving critical decisions related to learning product strategy, telemetry needs and user research.
- Create strong partnerships and support with peers in the organization, and with key stakeholders including engineering, segment and marketing teams.
- Motivate and energize the team to seize this exciting moment in the evolution of the company and of the learning org, to deliver great results.
Qualifications Knowledge / Experience / Abilities needed:
- Deep understanding of and interaction with Business Application audiences.
- Strong people management, project management, communications and cross-group collaboration skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing digital content or leading content development teams.
- 5+ years in people management with a proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through transformation.
- Proven people management experience in fast-paced environments.
- Hands-on technical experience with Microsoft technologies in the Business Applications technical domain.
- Technical training and exam development experience, and/or instructional design knowledge.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.