Director of Client Services (West Region)
Curion – Redwood City, CA
Director of Client Services
At Curion, we are embarking on a period of great transition and growth driven by increased efficiency and productivity. To establish ourselves as the provider of choice for sensory and consumer product testing, we need a professional who knows the industry and can connect with clientsfrom sensory scientists to consumer insight professionals in large CPG companies. We are currently looking for a Director of Client Services to be the leading force that fuels our growing client relationships in our West regional market. The ideal person will have proven experience establishing and expanding client relationships, identifying competitive threats and ensuring customer satisfaction within your accounts. Youll be a proactive and curious member of our growing account management team, responsible for revenue targets and engaging your dedicated team to achieve them.
- Regionally based Account Managers will be provided with a portfolio of clients, with the responsibility to grow the business with that portfolio. In order to drive growth within their given portfolio, it is expected that the account manager will develop lasting, trust-based relationships with their respective clients
- Ability to indirectly manage a dedicated team of researchers such as, sensory technicians, food scientists, project managers, etc.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure quality and timely delivery of results
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Act as a subject matter expert, consultant and advisor on research methodologies
- Develop learning plans for clients and industry organizations
- Be a mentor to developing team members by encouraging curiosity and growth
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Participate in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Follow-up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a database of existing clients and prospects within our existing client base
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in identification and application of core sensory and consumer research tools to drive product guidance and validation
- Experience in the interpretation and use of advanced statistical data, DOEs, Category Appraisals, Benchmarking, Drivers of Liking, multi-variate analysis etc.
- Experience working with external vendors to run quantitative and qualitative consumer testing for guidance and validation
- Ability to translate research results into insights to support client learning objectives
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Bachelors Degree in Sensory, Food Science, Psychology or related field
- Experience in managing multiple projects at various stages of completion and the support team from beginning to end
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software, with aptitude to learn systems
- Masters or PhD degree in Sensory, Food Science, Psychology or related field
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
Curion is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.