Become a part of our growing Northwest Indiana Community Health Center staff
Community HealthNet, Inc. located in Gary Indiana, approximately 30 minutes from the city of Chicago, with 6 clinic sites throughout Lake County, is looking to employ a Director of Corporate Compliance and QA to join our Employee Management Team.
This position is responsible for managing, guiding, and implementing initiatives for all aspects of quality, regulatory compliance and data integrity & analysis for Community HealthNet, Inc. Under the overall direction of the COIO and Executive Leadership Team, the position initiates the development and implementation of policies, procedures, reporting, etc. to meet the requirements of Community HealthNet, Inc.s governing and accrediting bodies such as Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Patient Centered Medial Home (PCMH) initiative, under NCQA guidelines, and Community HealthNet QI/QA Standards.
As the Director of Corporate Compliance and Quality Assurance, the position oversees the Site Specialists, Risk Management/Privacy Officer, Medical Records Coordinator and the agencys Clinical Quality Management Program. This position will be dedicated to supporting all CHN sites and end users in all operations of Epic Practice Management (PM) and Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR). The Director of Corporate Compliance and Quality Assurance will be the application expert, oversees the support team providing end user training and technical support for testing and for maintaining member-managed components of the software.
- Performs data collection and abstraction for core measures, patient safety indicators and other quality indicators;
- Establishes and implements a system to communicate results in a realtime manner,
- Coordinates review processes and maintains tracking systems/logs keeping them updated with results;
- Prepares detailed reports, presentations and dashboards, presents findings at a variety of quality meetings, and facilitates follow-up plans, communicating status of plans to responsible designated individuals.
- Serves as the health centers expert on core measures content and rules for documentation and best/required practices for related care delivery;
- Creates OCHIN Epic training materials, updates materials as revisions are issued, and conducts in-service training programs for medical staff, nursing and other related staff;
- Maintains up to date knowledge of external requirements and regulations related to pay for performance initiatives, Meaningful Use, and attends PCMH, OCHIN and other educational sessions that are offered on a regular basis.
- Assists with communication of QI/QA performance issues to leadership; works with the Health Centers Board Quality Improvement Committee to resolve issues that may impact compliance requirements, using data sampling and analysis, and responds to required questions and action steps with OCHIN;
- Works with Information Systems to automate where possible the collection of data for core measures;
- Establishes processes to test the validity of data of electronically abstracted data;
- Works with IS on the implementation of meaningful use, HEDIS measures, etc. related to core measures.
- Ensures continual Meaningful Use attestation with Purdue Health Advisor;
- Creates reports by extrapolating accurate data for UDS reporting using OCHIN Business Objects software;
- Ensures CHNs continued PCMH accreditation by preparing and submitting required data and processes utilizing IPHCA/Bizmed system. as proof of compliance with accreditation standards;
- Assists with ongoing staff training with workflows, EHR upgrades (OCHIN Wiki/Ella);
- Assists with onboarding New staff (Internal handouts, Ella);
- ISDH reporting using Azara DRVS systems;
- Work with Grants COO to report outcomes specific to grants (All reporting databases);
- Work with COO of Clinic Operations and CFO to report clinical and financial reports (All reporting databases);
- Work with CMO to facilitate peer review, and QA/QI staff and Board program ( EHR and All reporting databases);
- Work with clinical team sending MCE care management reports for patient care gap communication (MCE databases);
- Attend OCHIN learning sessions via monthly webex, and other regulatory, collaborative meetings;
- Manages Site specialists team, Health Information Technologists, and all PCMH staff;
- Masters Degree in a Health Care related field, or
- Bachelor s Degree in Nursing or Health Information Management with Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Preferred,
- 3 years experience in as a Director, Manager, Administrator, in a Quality Position, PCMH Certification, Informatics Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of clinical or related FQHC experience, with one-two years experience in quality improvement or related activities preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- Practicing within the Patient Centered Medical Home Initiative;
- The Meaningful Use of electronic health records;
- NCQA standards;
- Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement tools and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles and practices (project management, patient safety concepts, data analysis, data management and statistical process control in healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of external regulatory and accreditation agency rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitating and coordinating healthcare improvement projects with previous quality improvement project experience.
- Proficient computer skills with extensive experience using various software applications such as MS Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, EHR systems, preferably Epic EHR system
- Excellent oral, written, platform and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- High degree of creativity in problem-solving.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Desirable
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Desirable
We offer competitive pay, and benefits including generous PTO benefits, voluntary health, dental, vision, and other voluntary insurance benefits. A 403(b) retirement plan. To be considered as a candidate for this position, please send resume with cover letter including salary requirements by applying through Indeed.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time