Director of Nursing and Case Management (DON)
Come work for BrightStar Care, a company that believes in serving with passion and doing the right thing. The Director of Nursing and Case Management (DON) is an experienced Registered Nurse who is, as part of the Leadership Team, will have overall responsibility for the quality, adequacy, and reliability of our homecare service program, including POC management, staff supervision and clinical compliance. The DON establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services that meet and promote the standards of quality. We are looking for a professional nurse who is accoutable to the job, our clients and our entire staff. Yor are an enthusiastic, energetic, skilled RN, with exceptional communication skills, a positive attitude and a drive and committment to manage and support an active team of medical and non-medical caregivers. This is how we provide a higher standard of care. You understand, believe and promote quality care, a yes-we-can attitude and our core values. That is what makes you an outstanding nurse and a great fit on our team.
BrightStar Care is a premium, private pay homecare model, nurse-led and accredited by the Joint Commission. While our focus is on quality care and safety, our employees are often described as especially caring, compassionate, and cheerful. If you have the leadership, drive and enthusiasm to complement your positive energy, we invite you to apply now for this fast-paced, leadership position. The right candidate will then come in and meet our team and share how you will manage a case load of skilled and non-skilled clients, communicating effectively and professionally and deliver clinical excellence to support our growth.
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- PTO Program
- Health insurance options
- Expense account
- Work schedule flexibility - Flex time available to the right candidate
- Formal Training Program
- National program opportunities with over 280 locations across the US
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the states nurse practice act.
- Work with and manage a subordinate PT Nurse Manager to ensure effective management of the work load
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the clients nursing needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/care-giving staff.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state for which care is being provided
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program
- Minimum one (2) years of documented Case Management experience required. Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environement / excellent critical thinking skills/decision making
- IV infusion experience a plus
- Reliable car/auto insurance
- Clean background and criminal record
- Understands regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.