Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular FT Salaried
Location: Bellevue , Washington
Position Title: Director, Business Manager
Lionbridge Gaming (LG) provides world-class production, globalization, and post-production services to global platform holders, AAA game publishers, and game developers. Lionbridge Gaming is looking for a Director of Program Management and Localization Americas, who has a passion for providing services that support the development of a top-quality gaming experience to a global entertainment audience.
This is multi-discipline leadership role with team members in the United States, Mexico, and Brazil. The Director of Program Management and Localization Americas is responsible for leading the team of program managers responsible for Lionbridge Gaming customers in the Americas (across our service lines), and a team of language leads managing translation of a number of language pairs with global partners. Your project management team will be working with multiple stakeholders on projects to coordinate the localization and audio efforts between internal teams and our clients, and your language lead team will coordinate and manage language delivery of multiple-project translation initiatives.
Key aspects of the position include working with you team to define the operational roadmap necessary to deliver on customer expectations, defining and monitoring of key KPIs important to Lionbridge Gaming and our customers (c-sat, budgets, etc.), driving continuous measure improvement in program deliverables, management of the customer communication cadence (operational business reviews, etc.), understanding of customer direction to build the necessary new capabilities. In addition, you will need to work with your team to ensure timely delivery of language services and execution of tasks with expected quality, provide linguistic quality assurance and management, and manage into English translation from a number of source languages including Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean. Finally, supporting sales/account management in initiating new customer relationship or developing existing ones further.
This is a job that requires you to lead a team managing multiple projects, in many cases with tight deadlines and short project cycles. You need to possess effective management skills, a positive team-oriented approach, and strong leadership and organizational skills. Travel, including international travel, may be required.
- Lead the team managing end-to-end localization and audio process for games, supporting a number of gaming platforms
- Drive the globalization efforts across teams in collaboration with internal operations teams and customers.
- Lead, motivate and manage the delivery teams - directly or indirectly managed - to ensure optimal results will be delivered on the program.
- Manage the relationship with clients and guide the communication efforts between internal teams and clients
- Ensure your team members effectively interface with client stakeholders, forge strong relationship with the customer interfaces, understand the client team dynamic, their business goals, priorities and challenges
- Participate in localization planning efforts (collect project scope and other project specs that may impact the localization costs)
- Work with the Lionbridge Game Services operations teams to compile detailed cost estimates for your team s titles and track their projects localization budget
- Work closely with your PMs to manage localization schedules for multiple projects
- Ensure all projects managed by your team adhere to our globalization and localizability best practices, and are of high quality delivered in the most cost-effective manner
- Ensure your teams track/report key program deliverables - performance, quality and financial indicators.
- Work with your team and global delivery partners to develop and refine consistent working methodologies and procedures around the program.
- Develop/Communicate project management standards and best practices
- Identify and quickly help resolve key blocking issues that delay localization production
- Act as the escalation point, responsible for arbitration and managing / resolving any issues that arise either within the organization or with the Customer.
- Drive strategic planning, and SLA compliance, driving quality and innovation, with respect to understanding volume forecasts, program growth and overall program planning.
- Help your teams develop and manage effective communications with our Customer - focusing on key performance deliverables and program development activities.
- Coordinates and manages language delivery of multiple project initiatives to customers.
- Ensures overall project quality and timelines
- Work with team to manage language activities and quality including vetting resources and performing language-quality assessments
- Partner with community management to source and qualify external translation and proofreading resources and assign those resources to projects
- Lead the team providing language coordination and deliver projects to schedule, meeting customer specifications and within cost targets.
- Work with your team to ensure ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs.
- A passion for, and experience with, games across a myriad of platforms as well as the gaming industry
- Strong knowledge of globalization and localizability requirements as well as the localization process, tools and issues on text/audio/video localization
- A deep and practiced knowledge of program management, procedures and the game development lifecycle
- A passion for customers and long-term partnership
- Proven reporting, financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading teams and managing a process-oriented business
- A strong and demonstrated drive for results and ability to work independently
- Established leadership experience and a passion for growing diverse teams of professionals
- Experience with talent evaluation of individual contributors
- The ability to conceive and execute creative solutions to senior or executive level problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- English language fluency
- University degree in a major related to language, game development, or program management
- 5+ years of Project Management/Leadership, preferably in an international environment
- Experience leading teams in the video game business
- Exposure to game testing and LQA testing
- Exposure to audio engineering processes
- Experience building ROI and cost justifications for executive level presentation
- Proven reporting, financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing financial deliverables - budgeting, variance analysis, forecasting and profitability reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes/procedures, contributing value to existing projects.
- Strong organizational, communication and management skills,
- Experience working with contracts, purchase orders, and payment systems
- Proven communication skills, both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff
- Proven team-building skills
- Ability to drive cross-group problem solving, customer advocacy and ability to apply creativity, critical thinking and solution-mindedness in a dynamic working environment
- Strong knowledge of the global Video Games business (operations, technologies, business models, industry structure), and passion for games and/or the entertainment industry
- Attention to detail with strategic thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong cross group collaboration with internal and external partners
- Excellent task prioritization and organizational skills
- Passion for global solutions and international customers
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent skills in Microsoft Office, email and internet communications/tools.
- Fluency in a second language a plus