Snooze presents The Breakfast Experience
Character: Director of Snooze Sustainability
The Director of Snooze Sustainability has the amazing opportunity to continue to shape Snoozes strategy, execution and commitment to Sustainability and Mother Earth. Sustainability is a key pillar to Snooze, and this is a leadership role that will continue to bring that pillar alive for years to come. In this role, you will be responsible for positioning Snooze as a leader in the restaurant industry within the sustainability space. You will be a respected steward and leader of our sustainability efforts in the Mothership, the restaurants, and the community. Specifically, you will seek to implement innovative and pioneering ways to uphold the companys commitment around sustainability and work on broad-reaching, multi-year initiatives, as well as near-term projects. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be instrumental in building an iconic breakfast experience!
Character duties and responsibilities- what does your role bring to the stage?
- Strategy: Lead in developing Snoozes long term environmental and social responsibility strategic planning goals (i.e. 2025 and beyond).
- Lead in the process of measuring Snoozes progress against said goals and bringing others along on progress and opportunities. Ability to do this cross-functionally and up/down the organization is critical.
- Snooze Approved: Responsible for adhering to existing Snooze Approved standards and look to always be evolving the standards.
- Waste Strategy and Diversion Programming: Responsible for the day to day management of our ongoing waste program and setting up new baby Snooze locations. Ensure close collaboration with our facilities team on implementation and execution. Continue developing ways for reuse, reduce, recycle, or refuse.
- Education Programming: Development of assets and key communication priorities for Snoozers, Mothershippers and new Snoozers (i.e. orientation materials) in support of our ongoing goals and commitments for all things related to Sustainability.
- Green Captain Programming: Leadership role in owning and executing our internal grassroots Green Captain program. Get into local markets to lead, train and mentor said Green Captains. Develop a long-term program thats sustainable as we open more restaurants.
- EnviroBoard Stewardship and Leadership: Leadership role in chairing and managing the Snooze EnviroBoard. Lead role in the committee selection process for the Snooze EnviroBoard. Lead monthly Board meetings with a thoughtful preparation around agenda and materials.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and teams to ensure they have the support needed to align on sustainability goals and activities.
- External: Play a leadership role on Snoozes behalf by speaking at various conferences and other public-facing events as necessary.
- Have your finger on the pulse and keep abreast environmental/food issues, trends, hot topics in our restaurant space and outside our industry as well.
- Ability to clearly articulate Snoozes sustainability strategy, goals and initiatives to both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Snooze Executive Leadership Team.
Do you fit the role? [Qualifications and Expectations]
- You have the business acumen and experience to see the bigger picture and how sustainability intersects with the day to day running of a business i.e. ingredient sourcing standard, purveyor partnerships, waste, materials etc.
- You have been on the front lines in creating sustainability strategies and rolling your sleeves up in executing them. aka. Operate high and think strategically while also having the ability to get the work done.
- The ability to set strategy 3-5 years out and determine what the future can and should be in this space for Snooze
- You can speak to an incredibly diverse audience: our PR team, Regional Managers, Green Captains and articulate how to talk about Snoozes sustainability initiatives.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with internal constituents without direct reporting lines
- Data is something you embrace; you know how to use it to validate hypotheses and fold it into your plans
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to always be learning in this space
- An entrepreneurial spirit!
- Ability to manage and lead external partners and agencies when needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent presentation skills; development of presentation content and delivery in front of a mixed audience.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to present solutions for organization and efficiency.
- Aptitude to quickly master a new business environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project to provide deliverables within a specified timeframe.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to communicate effectively with peers and Snoozers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on workload.
- Extensive expertise in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to have fun, dance and laugh under/during stressful situations. (yes, seriously)
Do you have the audition prerequisites? [education, credentials, experience]
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- You have 5+ years or Director level or above functional experience in sustainability, stewardship or CSR. Start-up/emerging company experience ideal
- Bachelors degree level education (preferred education in sustainability or environmental stewardship)
Lets Get Physical! [Additional Requirements]
- Must have the stamina to work 45 to 50 hours per week
- The travel required for this position is approximately 10% and must be able to travel for up to 5 days at one time (air, car, bus, train and weekend travel all required) Home base in Denver, CO at the Snooze Mothership