Director of Product Management - Media Systems
We re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
As the CEO of your platforms, you will be responsible for wearing any & all hats. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand and develop your roadmap, make appropriate tradeoffs, and measure the success of your initiatives.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. In addition, you ll be expected to identify better methods in the future for avoiding those gaps. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a lead member of an agile scrum team consisting of Engineers & a team of Product Managers and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts.
What You ll Do
- Develop and align the organization around the vision for your products- regularly disseminating updates and engaging with Executive leadership on platform vision and progress
- Partner with key stakeholders across Merchandising, Marketing, 3D Ops/Creative Visualization, Engineering, Finance, etc. to develop a cohesive strategy to make our platform work across a variety of Supplier segments & use-cases
- Build and develop a team of ****93 Product Managers
- Anticipate tech/operational issues, assess scope, and have a lens on cross-platform impacts
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, relationships across all Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation
What You ll Need
- ****93+ years Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective in terms of culture and impact
- Have the organizational skills to develop a successful strategy that expands upon our existing Content Generation offering
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and a strong sense of end user focus
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Experience with ROI/Impact analysis of feature deployment
- Masters/MBA a plus
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
Wayfair is one of the world s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That s why we re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information