The position requires occasional evening and weekend availability
Provide high level financial, administrative, and strategic planning support to the Dean to help the college meet key performance metrics. Work closely with Dean on financial planning, resource allocation, business operations, and budget forecasting. Work with the Assistant Vice President (AVP) and ARP Directors in other colleges to develop advanced business and financial models and process improvements in support of college goals and growth. Provide leadership to the college and department staff related to the college business functions.
Standard Office Setting in the respective college. The Director also has secondary reporting line to the respective Dean.
1. Work with complex data sets and analytics tools in support of the college strategic plan and deans key performance metrics.
2. Work closely with the college administrators and staff to assist the Dean with financial planning, resource allocation, business operations, enrollment management, compliance reporting, ranking surveys, and budget forecasting.
3. Responsible for developing advanced business and financial models in support of college goals and growth.
4. Represent the college in business functional meetings and on UTA committees; Serve as a liaison in between the college and the AVP- Academic Resource Planning office at UTA.
5. Work with the Dean, AVP, and ARP team to strengthen business processes in the colleges and academic units.
6. Communicate and provide guidance to the business units and administrative staff to ensure consistent and effective business practices within the college.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field; and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in higher education or the equivalent experience.
Knowledge and experience in the business operations in higher education.
Knowledge and experience in forecasting and business modeling in the academic environment.
Successful supervising experience.
Masters Degree in business related field preferred.
Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external units effectively.
Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups and individuals; ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Demonstrate advanced Excel skills and experience with financial planning tools.
A high level of integrity in the use of confidential information.
Exceptional organizational and analytical skill.
Strategic planning experience.
Ability to work independently.
Attention to details.
Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple and competing priorities.
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1)Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major.
University of Texas at Arlington - Arlington, TX
OLD SCHOOL PIZZA TAVERN - Arlington, TX
Chick-fil-A - Cedar Hill, TX
TXU ENERGY - Fort Worth, TX
Port of Peri Peri - Arlington, TX