Director, Pediatrics - (68546) NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950+ physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
The Director, Pediatrics is a professional with strong business, analytical, and project management skills. This individual will partner with Pediatric leadership (MD and administrative) to facilitate strategy development, planning and execution of Pediatrics initiatives in support of the Advocate NorthShore Pediatrics Partnership. This individual will interact with operational leaders and physicians across Pediatric service lines to aid in the execution of growth, quality & safety, and engagement tactics. Other responsibilities include supporting Advocate NorthShore Physician Partners (ANPP) Division Heads, assist in the development and ongoing Balanced Scorecard reporting, and reporting relevant data. This individual will have a matrixed relationship with MG Administrative Director s, Hospital Based Pediatrics Director s, Nursing Leadership, and the Advocate Children s Hospital Administrative team.
- Works in conjunction with the Vice President of Medical Group Operations and the Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics on the development and management of budgets, which include revenue, personnel, supplies and capital equipment
- Responsible for coordinating capital equipment and capital projects with Pediatrics operational and clinical stakeholders
- Assures compliance with financial goals through development and analysis of unit specific fiscal indicators, develops action plan and monitors results
- Accountable for identifying opportunities for program growth and/or cost reduction and problem solving these issues
- Partner with Pediatric service line operations leaders to explain budgetary variances for all cost centers under scope of responsibility
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of business operations including, but not limited to, productivity monitoring and capacity analysis, expense analysis, FTE management, etc.
- Integrates available data to create overall departmental, service line, and hospital scorecards to track performance on key measures while providing detailed analysis support in key business lines to management
- Determines new opportunities for growth within areas of responsibility and develops work plans to implement growth
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of financial and patient loyalty survey data
- Provide support to ANPP Division Heads for financial, operational, and quality/safety management of Pediatric activities
- Support ANPP Division Heads in assuring compliance with financial goals through development and analysis of unit specific fiscal indicators, as well as development of action plans and monitoring of results
- Oversight for the identification, advancement and reporting on quality initiatives
- Accountable for the validation and reporting of key operational performance metrics
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters degree in business or a healthcare related discipline preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one to three years operational experience in a healthcare setting with exposure to financial management, clinical operations, and business strategies
- Experience in a matrix environment with a proven track record in driving improved performance preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work effectively with key stakeholders: Physician and Nursing leadership, front-line clinical staff and ancillary departments
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, reporting and management is important
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission to preserve and improve human life through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Primary Location: USA-IL-Evanston Work Locations: Evanston Hospital : EVAN-1000 60201 Job: Practice Operations Organization: Corporate Full-time Job Posting: Jun 25, 2019, 8:09:48 AM