Director, Talent and Organizational Development
Consumer Reports – Yonkers, NY
Under the leadership of Marta Tellado, President & CEO, and the organizations senior leadership team, Consumer Reports is entering the next chapter of its work to enhance its impact on the marketplace and help people in their daily lives. As part of this effort we are investing in our talent and organizational development capacity and recruiting to fill a number of positions that support the talent and human resources needs of the organization. Consumer Reports is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a human resources business partner supporting our content development division the team responsible for Consumer Reports website, magazine, video and TV operations, podcasts and more. As a key member of the HR Leadership Team, this individual will help move the organization forward, contributing to fostering an agile, innovative and inclusive organization and work environment that enables employees to perform their best while furthering their growth and development.
The Director is a key contributor to enabling organizational performance and effectiveness by developing and implementing strategies and programs that build organizational capacity and capability, strengthen individual skills and competencies, and drive a culture of high performance and continuous learning. The Director is a member of the Human Resources Leadership Team and contributes to shaping enterprise-wide talent strategies and initiatives that aim to engage, align, develop and retain the necessary talent to achieve CRs strategic goals. A thought partner to our leadership, this role requires the ability to design/develop engaging programs and solutions and partner with members of the HR team to facilitate and deliver programs to a wide range of audiences.
- A bachelors degree in human resources or a related field and a minimum of 12 years of learning and organizational development experience, including hands-on training and facilitation, in a media, publishing or technology organization is preferred.
- Adaptable, analytical and creative with strong communication skills. Able to present information and support decision making through effective data analysis, presentation and storytelling.
- Strong HR and business acumen with demonstrated success designing/delivering learning curricula including leadership development programs.
- Excellent coaching, consultation and facilitation skills.
- Superior interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to quickly establish and build effective partnering relationships and inspire trust.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities while working with urgency in the midst of a significant business/organizational transformation.
- Strong technical skills including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Google Suite is a plus.
- Thinks strategically while having a hands-on approach to getting things done.
- Brings excellent judgment, high integrity along with personal qualities of humility, self-awareness and a sense of humor.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Fosters collaboration; embraces diversity and inclusion and actively seeks diverse perspectives.
- Addresses challenges by encouraging candid discussion, building common understanding, and gaining agreement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to CRs mission and values and an enthusiasm for CRs vision to create a fairer, safer, healthier world.
- Assess the organizations learning and development needs across all levels. Identify and prioritize the critical capabilities needed to effectively execute CRs strategy and annual goals. Recommend, develop and implement customized learning strategies and programs to meet near- and longer-term capability/skill requirements.
- Develop and implement the annual learning curriculum, ensuring organizational, departmental and individual development objectives are supported by a basic core curriculum. Recommend external vendors and programs to meet various needs. Manage the implementation and communications of offerings.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to develop learning strategies and team building opportunities. Determine when customized content is necessary and partner with management and vendors to design content and materials.
- Serve as in-house facilitator for team building and other training as needed.
- Lead/manage talent review and succession planning processes to identify top talent, determine readiness for advancement and skill gaps, and develop plans to build bench strength.
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to help managers become more effective and progressive leaders. Provide individual coaching as needed.
- Serve as internal advisor to management and their HR Business Partners on performance challenges and guide appropriate learning and development strategies to accelerate performance. Coach managers to create development plans for staff designed to provide growth opportunities in role through on-the-job learning, special projects, formal training, etc.
- Lead the evolution of CRs performance management philosophy and process to drive a culture of feedback and continuous learning. Recommend new strategies to optimize management time while ensuring regular feedback for staff.
- Support the performance management and goal setting process each year by facilitating training, coaching, and providing process and system support.
- Partner with HR specialists in talent acquisition, labor relations, and total rewards to provide talent solutions to attract, onboard, develop and retain talent.
- Work with labor relations expert to design/deliver training for newly hired managers to orient them to CRs collective bargaining agreement and obligations.
- Work with talent acquisition to ensure a robust orientation/onboarding process for new staff.
- Collaborate with total rewards to ensure alignment with the performance management process and rewards and recognition programs.
Consumer Reports - 29 days ago - save job - original job