Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. – Pueblo, CO
The Dispatcher I schedules and dispatches orders and provides excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction, minimize costs and promote company sales. The incumbent facilitates accurate and timely communication between the plant, field, customers and drivers. Responsibilities KEY RESPONSIBILITIE
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Act as customer contact for delivery inquiries and coordinate the sales order delivery process.
- Manage incoming internal and external customer phone calls, exercising judgment within specification of standard practices.
- Ensure customer understands all relevant company policies including will calls, additional products ordered and driver responsibilities.
- Inform customer of warnings concerning product hazards, load limits, vehicle weights and limitations.
- Schedule workforce (drivers) on a daily basis with the intention of maximizing service and minimizing costs; manage drivers and monitor efficiencies throughout day.
- Review next day orders to ensure are correctly mapped, have accurate travel times, address and delivery instructions.
- May direct the work of less senior Dispatchers (Dispatcher I)
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
This position responds to the needs of the customers in direct relation to getting Aggregate product from one location to another. Direction is given to this position by the Dispatch Manager based on orders. This position interacts with both customers, external hired trucks and internal employee operated trucks. Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic experience using computers. Experience using dispatch and trucking software preferred.
- Excellent oral (telephone) communication skills.
- Bilingual communications skills are a plus.
- Ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Able to prioritize work; strong organization skills.
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations