Cornerstone Energy Services, Inc. – South Portland, ME
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work on energy transmission drafting and design projects.
- Ability to create base maps, site plans, and existing conditions for infrastructure and utilities.
- Utilization of advanced AutoCAD skills to setup drawings and relationships between drawing and other files.
- Perform all tasks within the departments requirements and work flows for a Drafter I.
- Work from detailed sketches and/or data to produce computer-generated graphs, charts, overlays, and drawings.
- Work alongside drafters and designers to complete assigned project tasks.
- Follow the Company standard CAD procedures for layering, symbols, annotation, and standard procedures for sheet layout.
- Coordinate details, dimensions, and notes between drawing sheets.
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other material to determine the best approach for the completion of drawings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Duties are largely performed in an office.
- Office work may include prolonged seated tasks, extended keyboarding, and use of computer screen.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
- Position requires travel (expected to be less than 10%); valid drivers license and acceptable DMV record required.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with site layout, utility design, boundary and easement plans, alignment sheets and details.
- Familiarity with the following programs: Microsoft Office Suite, and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- The ability to follow the Companys standard CAD procedures for layering, symbols, annotation, and standard procedures for sheet layout.
- The ability to use AutoCAD tools to ensure objects are created accurately and to specifications provided.
- Knowledge of model/paper space and all required tools.
- The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- The ability to perform routine statistical work requiring the application of simple drafting knowledge.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of Introductory and Intermediate AutoCAD courses as part of a curriculum.
- Associate of Arts and Science in Engineering, Drafting, Design, Graphic Arts, or related field a plus.
- Entry-level to five years of experience.