The Salvation Army Western USA – Portland, OR
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical partNo truck is to be off its assigned route without the specific permission of the Transportation Supervisor or
of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
This is a part time position 25 hours per week. Hours and days of the week are somewhat flexible.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plan daily route based on pick-ups assigned.
2. Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of all donated goods
3. Instruct and supervise truck helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good personal and
professional work habits are taught by example, as well as by instruction.
4. Responsible for developing assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each donation pick-up.
5. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment, including securing the hand-truck at the end of the day.
Complete Truck Inspection Report daily and report maintenance and safety conditions.
Production Assistant - Job Description 2011-01.doc Page 2 of 2
6. Promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
7. Act as the representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report all
problems that occur during donation pick-ups to supervisor, through dispatch.
8. Must maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean-, neatly trimmed beard, hair trimmed neatly, shirttail
tucked in and appropriate headgear.
9. Responsible for the loading and unloading of assigned truck. Assist in the loading or unloading of other trucks as requested.
10. Attend all driver safety meetings.
11. Report all infractions of safety procedures to the Transportation Supervisor, including drivers backing up their trucks
without the assistance of a back-up guide.
Each truck is to proceed to its assigned route by the shortest, most direct way.
No Driver is ever permitted to stop at his home.
No truck may be parked for any reason without first notifying the Dispatcher.
13. Overtime. Any and all overtime must have the written approval of the supervisor, Administrator, or his designate. His
initials must appear on the time card beside the overtime hours.
14. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, from time to time, by the Transportation Supervisor, the Center
Administrator or their designated representatives.