The Clinician of the Brockton Girls Secure Detention Program is responsible for ensuring that proper casework services are provided to the residents and that all clinical services are consistent with the operating policies of the Old Colony Y, Early Education and Care, Department of Youth Services, and other regulatory agencies. S/he will reflect and display the character development core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Tuesday - Saturday
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend and participate in all case presentations, unit meetings (staff and community meetings) and behavior rounds.
- Conduct periodic reviews of clients progress towards program objectives and when necessary, provide intensive individual, group, and family counseling.
- Develop an individual service plan for each resident which includes education, health, social, psychological and psychiatric services, and cognitive, behavioral, individual, group and family therapy, and medical/dental care (routine, ongoing, and emergency services).
- Submit casework status, statistics and other required reports as requested.
- Be responsible for covering caseloads left uncovered due to clinical staff absence.
- Ensure that a thorough intake of the client into the program has occurred
- Maintain communication with parent/guardian and collateral agencies.
- Ensure that an intake screening form (suicide/safety assessment) is completed on each resident.
- Responsible for proper accounting of resident belongings/valuables.
- Ensure behavior management practice is followed on all shifts.
- Working with the Clinical Director, oversee the medical component as it relates to psychotropic medication, physicals, doctors appointments and sleep logs and communicate with nursing staff on these issues.
- Assess and monitor all clients on suicide watch in conjunction with the Clinical Director. Consult with Emergency Services Mobile Crisis Team when necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Minimum Required):
- Masters Degree in Behavioral Sciences. Must have ability to earn licensure.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of related experience.
- Must be on track for LICSW or LMHS licensure
Salary and Compensation Details: 10% retirement, 403b plan, competitive health and dental plan, tuition reimbursement, complimentary use of YMCA facilities along with vacation and holiday time. Clinical supervision toward licensure provided on the job.
Learn more about the Old Colony YMCA: www.oldcolonyymca.org
Job Type: Full-time