Nova Science Publishers, Inc. – Hauppauge, NY
Scientific Publishing Company looking for people to help with editorial production. Attention to detail and accuracy are essential. Candidate must possess the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently. Editorial production experience is a MUST. This is a part time, in-house position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with daily operations of the editorial department
- Revise and edit manuscript under the direction of an editor
- Prepare manuscript files for production
- Enter and update information in the product database
- Prepare content for digital conversion
- Track progress of projects to ensure that they are on schedule
- Reviewing materials to ensure:
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation, point size, text style, accuracy, spacing and formatting are correct and consistent.
- Client revisions have been applied.
- All necessary information and legal disclaimers are present and correct.
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- B.A. in English, Journalism, or a related field
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Superior writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Comfortable juggling several projects concurrently
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Keen interest in instructional technology and digital media
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organized and attuned to detail
- Interested in publishing
- Able to balance a variety of projects and tasks
- Ability to develop effective working relationship with, and readily take direction from, production team members
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Part-time
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Organizational Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: