Electric Drive Controls Engineer / Sr Engineer - (Job Number: 1900057V )
The Innovation & Technology Development Division currently has an opening for a Controls Engineer in the CVT/Power Electronics Controls section located in Mossville IL. This key role will contribute to controls development as a part of Caterpillars electrification strategy. In this role the engineer will participate in multiple phases of the controls development including design, simulation, implementation and verification. Projects many include various electrical machine technologies including induction, permanent magnet and switched reluctance or three phase power generation including energy storage and microgrid controls. Bringing new ideas and concepts to difficult controls problems is key to being successful in this role. This role includes implementation of the control theory into embedded controllers. The controls and software are verified on hardware in the loop simulators. As a final step the engineer will validate the controls and software in test cells, at a proving ground or customer site. The ability to understand complex systems and interactions is a challenge for this position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new control algorithms for electric drive machines or microgrid applications
- Implementing controls algorithms in software using Matlab/Simulink or C programing language
- Modifying or developing plant models in Simulink for electric drive machines.
- Developing HIL plant models and regression scripts for electric drive NPI programs
- Testing controls and software on HIL or machines at the proving grounds.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 year of engineering experience in embedded software development, controls development or model development for simulation
- MS or PHD in Engineering focused on electrical machine controls
- Experience in electric machines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a high paced team
- Proficient in analyzing data from machines
- Experience in Software or Systems Development
- Experience in modeling and simulation in Simulink
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Unposting Date - Jun 28, 2019, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location - United States-Illinois-Mossville
Job - Engineering