Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you! We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States. We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway. We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of the origins of our solar system . We need you to be a part of our team! We are currently in need of an Electronics Design Engineer - Exploration Space Suit Test Systems to join our team with Barrios Technology, Inc., a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As an Electronics Design Engineer - Exploration Space Suit Test Systems you will:
Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of a group of over 30 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers.
Work directly with the Exploration Suit Test System Team Lead and Engineers.
Provide design and test support in various aspects of Electrical Test System Development in support of the Crew and Life Support Systems NASA Engineering Division.
Review all Exploration Space Suit Electrical Component Specifications.
Develop component test stand architectures for various space suit components.
Design and generate electrical component and lab instrumentation test system designs.
Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems.
Develop detailed test verification procedures.
Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems.
Review electrical system designs for the entire test system team.
Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems.
Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs, Thermocouples, etc.)
Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems.
Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for various application needs.
Develop test software modules to perform specific tests.
Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs.
Work with space suit test team electrical and mechanical engineers provided guidance as required.
Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications R equired Education/Experience/Skills: This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate s experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer.
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems (especially National Instruments) and LabVIEW code development.
- Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and associated embedded software development environments.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, and power analyzers.
- Prior experience with cable design.
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems.
- Prior experience in design and test of stepper and brushless DC-DC control circuits.
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems.
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you! See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Essential Functions Work Environment
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee o r others. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.