eMobility Sr Engineer - Mechatronics Architect- Vehicle Systems (L5) Description When you join Daimler, you become a brand ambassador for a diverse global network of over 250,000 committed employees on 6 continents. Our employees drive the future of innovation in each of our world-class brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market. We are elevating the industry by setting the bar for quality and execution. Our DTNA employees are empowered to drive the Technology Revolution through our innovative products and customer-focused culture. Our dedication to our customers does not stop once our products hit the road. We immerse ourselves in the customers experience and what drives their business toward the future.
Daimler. One Team. Best Team. Driven to connect our world. Apply today!
Daimler Trucks North America is the market leader and thrives as the voice of the trucking industry. We are compelled to persistently push the envelope as we sharpen our focus on electric mobility (eMobility) and develop vehicles that lead the market. DTNA has created a startup team to bring our vision to reality. This team exudes creativity, energy, innovation, and passion. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be on the forefront of eMobility, you are meant for this team. You will push the industry standards of electric vehicles to the next level. This is your chance to join us as we define the next chapter of the trucking industry. We cant wait to hear from you!
In this position, you support the eMobility Group with expertise to create a vision for future mechatronics features work across engineering disciplines and build consensus for common electrical architecture pertaining to electric vehicles. You will work with global teams to deliver a class 8 electric truck for the NAFTA market. This is an emerging, exciting technology, and the right person will drive DTNAs success by helping our engineering department, customers and network adopt the new vehicles into their operations.
- Lead company-wide development and launch of electric mobility at Daimler Trucks related to network and vehicle architecture.
- Lead feature integration of new e-mobility features into the vehicle, interfacing with other feature owners, departments, and stakeholders to realize full integration of the e-powertrain into Cascadia and M2 vehicles.
- Lead contact between Sales/Marketing/Engineering platform management, interfacing to define scope and dictate architecture for electric vehicles:
- Review Product Definition.
- Map Feature List to Sales Codes.
- Develop Architectural impact and feature portioning.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of the Vehicle Messaging Matrix (VMM) through the use of X-tools.
- Owner of CAN (controller area network) buses for eP4 and eM2 projects.
- Ownership entails the development of specification for the CAN, creation and release of physical wiring, charts and bills for all product lines.
- Lead interface for e-vehicle topics with Hardware in the loop (HIL) and product validation engineering (PVE), including:
- Technical liaison between integration testing/vehicle build-up and feature owner.
- Coordinating features between ECUs.
- Owner of the global feature list.
- Component maturity owner.
- Lead and create feature specifications for development of features by global teams.
- Project management of component development covering cost, schedules, coordination with suppliers, and collaboration with global team.
- Lead and manage external vendors, junior engineers, contractors, and interns.
- Broaden expertise outside of immediate responsibilities and become an expert in eMobility topics.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer technology or related from an accredited school with 6 years of related experience required
- At least 1 year of group leader, project lead, or mentoring experience required
- An attached resume is required
- CAN protocols and tools required
- Matlab, feature modeling, and rapid prototyping hardware required
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills required
- Ability to understand, analyze, and troubleshoot vehicle electrical features/systems required
- Working knowledge of automotive ethernet preferred
- Project Oversight across multiple engineering disciplines preferred
- Technical Specification Writing preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Organization : Daimler Trucks North America LLC Primary Location : United States of America-Oregon-Portland Work Locations : 4555 North Channel Ave 4555 North Channel Ave Portland 97217