Job ID : 28467
Location : Arlington, VA
Company Name : Ethiopian Community Development Council
Job Type : Full-Time
Industry : Social Services
Salary : $40,000 - $50,000 per year
No. of Positions : 1
Required Skills : Communication, Computer Skills,
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K
Job Description :
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting refugees and asylees in the employment Program with seeking, obtaining, and maintaining employment, thereby attaining self-sufficiency. Other duties include preparing reports and tracking statistical data
1) Job Development
- Assess new refugee clients’ employment and education by completing employability plans during weekly intakes.
- Conduct job search on behalf of all clients and support clients in completing job applications online or in person.
- Facilitate all employment efforts with these participants: interviews, drug tests/physicals, employment paperwork, employment verifications, challenges in the workplace, etc.
- Work intensively with clients to improve employability through small-group orientation and training sessions, including job interview preparation and job skills development, among other topics.
- Design monthly schedules for training based on the language requirements of new clients. Job readiness and resume building workshops will be implemented on a weekly basis and interview preparation classes will be provided when coordinating group interviews for open hiring.
- Develop and maintain a job data bank.
- Identify and provide clients with information on recertification and no- to low-cost training programs, if appropriate.
- Conduct outreach to new businesses in the D.C. metropolitan area on a regular basis.
- Maintain regular communication with employers.
- Respond to all inquiries and offers from potential employers in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate job application, interview, and orientation processes.
- Follow-up with employers after applications are submitted.
- Assist with transportation to, and interpretation of, interviews.
- Conduct employment follow-up within 3 days, as well as up until and after 90 days with both employers and MG clients.
- Acquire pay stubs and employment verifications in order to properly document employment retention.
4)Report and filing
- Submit enrollment roster and in-kind/cash donation report monthly.
- Submit progress reports, including monthly and quarterly reports indicating any updates in the employment statuses of the active caseload.
- Maintain regular case notes in case files for all services provided.
- File required documents in case files in accordance with program requirements.
- Attend all relevant meetings (Case Management, Employment, All-Staff meeting).
- Follow team procedures for document management and coordination of team efforts.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, may substitute equivalent experience
- Prior job development or employment services experience required
- Knowledge of resettlement program required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask effectively
- Experience working with refugees or other diverse populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and maintain required deadlines
- Ability to relate professionally too, and collaborate with diverse individuals in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours occasionally
- Background check and clean DMV record
- Current driver’s license and copy of the current driving record
- · Access to own transportation
- Must pass a background check.