Cornerstone Energy Services, Inc. – South Portland, ME
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide engineer leadership to a project or discipline.
- Maintain or set Company standards for quality, production, efficiency, and public safety.
- Report findings and take necessary action to correct deficiencies.
- Design, draft, and/or plan proposed projects, review engineering reports, and specifications for compliance and guidelines.
- Administer contracts, and provide engineering surveys.
- Engages in long range strategic planning on multiple projects including tracking and budgeting.
- Maintain compliance with applicable laws and regulations recommending of permits. Consult with engineers concerning design modifications for projects, and respond to inquiries concerning civil and engineer laws and practices.
- May act as a team leader on projects by interviewing and recommending for hire, assigning, overseeing, and reviewing work, and training new employees.
- Work with the Human Resources Coordinator to hire new engineering talent and conduct performance reviews with existing employees.
- Serve as a Project manager and as a designated client contact.
- Exercises independent initiative/judgement in setting and implementing goals.
- Independently identifies complex problems and devises optimal and innovative solution.
- Although not the primary responsibility of this position, when needed, an Engineer III has the ability to perform the responsibilities identified in the Engineer II job description.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Duties are largely performed in office and field settings.
- Office work may include prolonged seated tasks, extended keyboarding, and use of computer screen.
- Field settings may include work outdoors and on construction sites during all weather conditions.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
- Flexibility is desired with the ability to work in either our New England or South West office regions specific locations discussed in interview.
- Position may require travel (up to 50%); valid drivers license and acceptable DMV record required.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, use hands, reach, talk and hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Consistently demonstrates high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply them.
- Proven experience in solving complex problems, identifying alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations to support goals.
- The ability to generate clear and effective proposals and cost estimates.
- The ability to lead a team, or teams, of engineers, field survey crews, designers, and/or drafters to complete tasks on one or more projects.
- The ability to plan, organize, and direct the performance of a team, or teams, and the resources provided to them.
- The ability to support and carry out the various policies and procedures of the organization.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and key personnel within companies.
- The ability to attend and lead meetings with clients and achieve client relationship targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage certain aspects of projects within the confines of approved budgets.
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree in chemical, civil, electrical, chemical, survey, or mechanical engineering.
- Masters degree in engineering or business is strongly preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressive engineering experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.