The purpose of this position is to develop, maintain, and execute a strategic position on reliability improvement with plant instrumentation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead key strategic initiatives for the IEA Reliability Team.
- Develop, implement and maintain the long-range plan for instrumentation and control systems, such as local PLCs, antisurge / speed controllers, vibration monitors, and interfaces to DCS.
- Oversight of the ten-year instrumentation project plan
- Obslescence and replacement management
- Design and oversight of the preventive maintenance (PM) Optimization process
- Application of corporate and industry standards and procedures
- Development of instrumentation turnaround scope
- Sponsor or provide an instrumentation engineering service for capital and expense projects.
- Develop conceptual scopes and write project request forms (PRFs) for instrumentation projects.
- Generate, reviews, and approve instrumentation packages of assigned projects.
- Design or ensure engineering standards and guideline for instrumentation and control systems are follow during the project design.
- Provide support to the asset teams through:
Guidance to asset IEA engineers and specialists to best practices documented in the engineering standards, procedures, and guidelines.
Assistance to operations and maintenance for complex troubleshooting, incidents and unscheduled events.
Development of TA and Capital Project scope and participate proactively in TA core team and project teams through engineering execution support.
Track and report on area bad actors. Work to systematically remove defects in the system.
Leading and participating in PHAs and RCFA teams as required.
Monitor and address MOWP Engineering notifications.Support HRO s development of technical competencies by:
Mentoring less experienced engineers and co-ops and participate in the on-boarding process.
Perform discipline specific training to other engineers, discipline craft, and operations
Ensure integrity of engineering records associated with instrumentation including:
Ensuring correct calibration methods maintained.
Ensuring data management system (such as SAP, INTOOLs, Engineering Drawings, etc.) remain accurate and are updated in timely manner for assigned projects.
Maintain MOC sponsor qualification status.
Ensuring proper update MOC practices are followed.
Minimum of 12 years of experience required. 15 years.
Bachelors of Engineering required. Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Knowledge of AMS (Asset management system) and Allen Bradley PLCs preferred
Basic knowledge of analyzers preferred.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teams:Collaborates:Cultivates innovation:Customer focus:Demonstrates courage:Drives results:Ensures accountability:Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:LyondellBasell (NYSE:
LYB) is one of the worlds largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com ) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited rsums or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here .Nearest Major Market: