The selected candidate will play a key role in the Electronics Product Development Department as a Prototype Hardware Planner who will work with multiple organizations and roles to manage the logistics for developmental engineering electrical and mechanical hardware builds. Duties include the interpretation of engineering drawings and associated documentation and quality requirements to generate manufacturing work methodologies and/or instructions and illustrations and capture the associated build bill of material documentation for as-built configuration. Individual must be able to lead and/or participate in pre and post build reviews to determine build readiness and results, interface with manufacturing facilities and personnel to identify and resolve manufacturing issues and respond to and disposition quality discrepancies and non-conformances if needed. Employee will be responsible for ensuring quality, cost, and schedule requirements are met for engineering hardware and identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Selected individual will also participate in the procurement, management, and disposition of material required for engineering development utilizing various tools including SAP PRISM, MatTrak, and RAYTrak.
Individual will be expected to be a focal point in the organization, prioritization, and scheduling of tasks associated with hardware procurement and build activity in conjunction with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPT), Responsible Engineering Authorities (REAs), Product Development Engineers (PDEs), Component Engineers, Quality personnel, Finance, internal or external manufacturing facilities as well as other elements within Engineering, and Supply Chain Management.
Please Note: This position can be an Engineering Planner II or Sr. Engineering Planner based on the candidate s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
US Citizenship required
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 2 years related experience in disciplines mentioned below.
- Working knowledge of SAP PRISM for material procurement and material movement.
- Working knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical assembly process.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and hierarchy definition to create work instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret component datasheets in order to translate a desired engineering part specification into a procurable and orderable component.
- Ability to navigate multiple complex processes and tools (xDM, cPDM etc).
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and maintaining ongoing status with multiple stake holders.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with and take direction from Functional Management and IPTs from multiple programs.
- A strong desire to take the initiative in a product ownership environment who knows when to ask questions or ask for help.
- Working knowledge of Excel including such functions such as filters, V-Lookup and pivot tables.
- An Interim Secret clearance will be required to fill the position
Bachelor s Degree (BS or BA) in Math, Science, or Engineering or related discipline preferred. Would also consider (BS or BA) in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Contract Administration or similar discipline.
- Working knowledge of running Material Status reports out of PRISM.
- Working knowledge of PRISM Macros.
- Familiarity with RMS Contractor Acquired Material (CAM) policies and requirements.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements
This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus psmo-i interim.html
Check us out on YouTube
Raytheon Company Overview
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made by Raytheon
Tomahawk Missile Flight Testing
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.