All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, youll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, youll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career? Responsibilities The Enterprise Architect in the Space Architecture Department will assist the government by working with leadership teams to identify technical, political, legal, and fiscal triggers in the national space enterprise ecosystem that will influence the success of current and near-future space mission architectures. The Enterprise Architect and will guide the government through ecosystem disruption by leading architecture development efforts that capitalize on organizational and mission strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. The Enterprise Architect will develop recommendations and identify associated risks for iterative adaptive changes to enterprise vision and culture, strategies and goals, organization design and process evolution in mission operations and business functions, and investments in supporting mission systems and IT infrastructure.
- Partner with Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel on multiple concurrent projects to elicit and identify needs, requirements, and constraints for studies; scope, plan, and execute studies
- Marshal technical expertise in multiple technical disciplines and domains to enable concurrent engineering approaches to address complex problems
- Develop organizational strategies, plans and concepts; and structure mission and business processes and technical solutions in support of architecture conceptualization and development
- Identify and mediate stakeholder perspectives to achieve alignment in strategic vision and direction
- Use, develop, and integrate analytical methods and tools to evaluate architectural concepts and system conceptual designs for cost, schedule, performance, risk, and resilience to disruptive events or threats
- Develop strategic roadmaps and enterprise, process, and technology architecture change management plans that assess program resource impacts and transition impacts
- Effectively communicate task status, methods, results, and recommendations in briefings and formal technical reports
This position is available as an Engineering Specialist or Sr. Engineering Specialist Qualifications
Required for Engineering Specialist
- A Bachelors degree specializing in science, mathematics, engineering, systems engineering, information technology, architecture, operations management, economics, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 8 years of technical experience in space, intelligence, and/or defense domains
- A current and active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Significant experience in enterprise architecture, systems architecture, and/or systems engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with customers, Aerospace program offices, and contractors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present methods and results effectively in briefings, formal reports, and informal communications
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to execute studies and assessments
- Experience developing strategic decision-making and strategic communications artifacts for senior-level management and technical architecture design artifacts for engineering-level reviews
- Experience in methods and processes for early life cycle systems engineering and system acquisition
- Exceptional time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and project teams
Additional required for Sr. Engineering Specialist
- Minimum of 12 years of technical experience in space, intelligence, and/or defense domains
- A Masters degree or significant training and experience specializing in enterprise architecture, systems architecture, systems engineering, organizational change management, strategic management, business transformation, or related disciplines
- Demonstrates ability to develop project plans, identify high-impact deliverables, and manage schedule commitments
- Experience performing and using cost analyses, business case analyses, economic analyses, and earned value management analyses
- Experience performing and using technology assessments for business/mission application, supply chain risk assessments, and/or industrial health assessments
- Position-relevant graduate degree program transcripts detailing core and elective coursework are requested to highlight specific topics of study.
- Evidence of certifications or completion of job-applicable specialized training are required if justifying requisite experience for the position.
Additional Requisition Details Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI Access: SCI Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph Relocation Available: Yes Employment Type: Regular Work Schedule: Full Time
Company StatementThe Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.Equal Opportunity CommitmentThe Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If youre an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, Security Clearance, Developer, Supply, Engineering, Government, Technology, Operations