Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC167868
Category: Information Technology
Orlando, Florida 32810
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Lead the long range planning for the structure and interaction of the enterprise s major types/sources of data, information needs, and business processes/strategy. Responsible for decisions/priorities regarding the overall enterprise s architecture. Translate business needs into architectural solutions (current and target state) and defining solutions to problems through application of information technology. Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards/guidelines that direct integration of multiple platforms. Develop/document the framework for integration/implementation for changes to architectural standards. Determine architecture solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability and security needs. Provide technical guidance to project team. Coach the development of Jr. IT architects.
This position will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Decompose IoT architecture into conceptual pieces by defining the layers, tiers, and interfaces of the IoT system
- Analyze how business objective and technical requirements impact the IoT system
- Translate IoT business needs into architectural solutions (current and target state)
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of IoT standards and guidelines that direct the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms.
- Develop and document the sensor based logistics framework for integration and implementation for changes to architectural standards.
- Determine IoT architecture solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Provide technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to work well with a large team across multiple functional areas.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical concepts to upper-level management and officers It is important to note that the Enterprise Architecture discipline is a transformative role that envisions a future and works to enable that future though a proven and disciplined set of processes, tools and professional skills. The successful candidate for this position can expect to lead discussions in a team environment with a wide range of professional enterprise software engineers. Patience, perseverance, tenacity are key skills that will serve the successful candidate well in his or her personally rewarding transformational work.
- Extensive hands-on experience on IoT projects and implementations
- In-depth experience in wireless technology (LTE, IMS, BLE), network devices, MQTT, and MQTT Brokers
- Extensive experience with Cloud and Mobile architecture and implementation
- Good understanding of drivers for edge sensors, drive provisioning, and protocols
- Good understanding of sensor to gateway/Cloud connectivity solutions
- Modeling tools such as Sparx, Embarcadero, Visio
- Web Services Development including REST, JSON, SOAP
- Java, J2EE, XML
- Event-driven technologies included complex event processing
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering global, enterprise solutions
- Demonstrated experience analyzing global business problems. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and interact with resources from technical and non-technical organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization. Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style; present information effectively in one-on-one, and small group settings, including executive management.
- Comfortably and effectively presents and interacts with leadership
- Demonstrated capability developing, maintaining, promoting enterprise architecture
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and abstract thinking
Colorado Springs, CO
Relocation assistance may be available for this position, but is based on business decision.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on 7/18/19 to be considered.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- FORTUNE Worlds Most Admired Companies 2016
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2016
- InformationWeek Elite 100 2016
- Womens Business Enterprise National Council Americas Top Corporations for Womens Business Enterprises - 2016
- Reputation Institute Worlds Most Reputable Companies 2015
- Black Enterprise 40 Best Companies For Diversity 2015
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement - FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.