Position at ITW Corporate
The Microsoft 365 Solution Architect will use their understanding of Microsoft 365 products, Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.), Windows 10, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics for Finance and Operations, Intune, and Azure to set an enterprise strategy in the Microsoft 365 solution space that best fits the goals of ITW.
Currently, ITW employs a multi-tenant approach with Office365 to support a highly decentralized business model and IT landscape. ITWs business model presents unique and complex challenges for divisions wishing to leverage Microsoft 365 solutions that are offered by Corporate IT.
This role leads the team that manages the enterprise solution aspects of Microsoft 365 and ITWs corporate tenant, and is responsible for helping corporate and ITWs business leverage Microsoft 365 technology to solve business problems. This role collaborates significantly with the Corporate IT Operations team that delivers ITWs O365 services.
This role is responsible for understanding Microsofts 365 solution roadmap to deliver an ITW-specific solutions roadmap that is aligned with the needs and priorities of the ITWs businesses. This roles key stakeholders are members of the IT Leadership Team which is primarily made up of IT leaders for each of ITWs seven segments.
This highly-visible role interfaces with all levels of IT, business, and management throughout ITW globally. The role reports to the Director of Corporate & Enterprise Business Solutions and is located at ITW Corporate in Glenview, IL. Travel may be required but is expected to be minimal.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an informal, decentralized culture where decisions are largely consensus-based, and strong execution is expected and valued.
- Be the top enterprise SME on Microsoft 365 that the ITW businesses go to for higher level consultation on how best to leverage the Microsoft 365 portfolio/investment
- Maintain a deep understanding of Microsoft products, roadmaps, licensing strategies, administration best practices with a knowledge of ITW business model to provide a future proof approach for ITW business to consume Microsoft 365 products.
- Lead governance efforts for Office 365, Microsoft 365, and related platforms.
- Field detailed questions about Microsoft products, environments, and license strategies, from division businesses and corporate functions.
- Collaborate to solve complex problems with competing interests.
- Plan and facilitate data migrations into and out of Office 365 platforms.
- Stay current with product roadmaps and Microsoft strategic product directions.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Microsoft 365 solutions
- Effectively employs ITWs methodologies, values and principles to ensure the delivery and success of effective enterprise-wide Microsoft 365 solutions provided by ITW Corporate IT
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact and build trust at all levels
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment can take lead position when necessary
- Highly self-motivated with limited direction
- Strong business acumen of business operations, corporate functions (HR, Finance, Legal, Tax, Audit, Procurement, etc.) and end-user productivity tools
- Highly organized and respectful of the need to plan amidst multiple priorities
- Proven record of customer service and the ability to balance conflicting customer priorities
- Skilled in working with and directing software providers, consultants
- Bachelor s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field. Masters/MBA degree is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Systems with minimum of 7 years working primarily as a Microsoft/Office365 solution architect
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Cloud offerings including Office 365, Azure Active Directory, M365, Dynamics.
- Understand business acumen and strategies of specific functions and align with appropriate technology solutions
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft licensing.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Cloud backup/recovery
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Cloud products roadmaps
- Understanding of global data privacy and sovereignty laws
- Understanding of Microsoft identity systems.
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Identity platform.
- Experienced in all aspects of the systems development life cycle
- Experienced within regulatory requirements (SOX, HIPAA, Privacy acts, etc.).
- Knowledge of application design, development, testing as well as user interface best practices
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management
- Basic knowledge of network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls and associated network protocols and concepts
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp accessibility at itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.