Enterprise Technology Senior Big Data Architect
Bank of America – Charlotte, NC
The successful candidate will provide architecture and technology leadership for Enterprise Technology specializing in the areas of Big Data and Data Analytics.
- Responsible for the Enterprise Technology Architecture Shared Services function which includes technology strategy, analysis and design, vendor assessment, development environment, solution architecture consulting, artifact maintenance, and technology standards and controls.
- Provide technical and thought leadership in the areas of Big Data (Hadoop ecosystem) and data analytics for various Enterprise Technology projects
- Responsible for developing and creating the architecture framework and standards to support the Enterprise Technology Strategy.
- In partnership with solution architects and development managers, foster innovative and efficient design to enable the business while furthering technology strategy and a rational operating environment.
- Partner with CTO function to plan and trouble-shoot operating environments.
- Assess architecture of potential vendors
- Interface with vendor suppliers on future architecture roadmap and operating issues.
- In partnership with Client Solutions Delivery create, manage & ensure adherence to the Master Plan, which include several supporting strategies (i.e. AI, Big data and data Analytics strategy).
- Provide options / solutions that align to Enterprise approved technology
Required Experience & Skills:
- Strong, relevant academic preparation in the areas of computer science (or Engineering and mathematics) and AI
- 10+ years of applicable experience, preferably within a technology organization
- Proven track record of execution and delivery
- Experience in dealing with multi-level organizations
- Effective performance within shared service or matrix environment
- Software engineering and architecture experience
- Ability to partner with engineers, BSMs, LOB, GIS, and CTO to achieve superior results and to advance overall technology practice.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and often competing priorities in a global environment
- Strong strategic and business centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes
- Business acumen; technical expertise and proven financial experience
- Proven ability to proactively identify, quantify, and manage risk
- Ability to decompose complex issues and drive timely decisions, knowing when to engage others for additional input, and when to act independently
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: