Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and consulting firm specializing in environmental, civil, geotechnical, and construction review/testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 100 individuals. The firm s headquarters campus is located in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, West Deptford, New Jersey, and Bel Air, Maryland.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, assisting or performing the following:
- Environmental Site Assessments including Phase I and Phase II investigations;
- Environmental assessment, permitting, monitoring and reporting for air, waste and water activities under state and federal regulatory programs;
- Site characterization and cleanup under voluntary cleanup, brownfield and Superfund programs;
- Field sampling of soil borings, test pits, and groundwater wells;
- Vapor intrusion testing;
- Design, and performance of human health and ecological risk assessments;
- Remediation feasibility studies, design, implementation and monitoring;
- Underground and aboveground storage tank permitting, assessment, removal/closure, and cleanup;
- Statistical evaluation of numeric data;
- Asbestos and lead paint surveys
- Preparation of technical documents such as reports, applications, and related administrative submissions; and
- Grant writing
- Bachelor s degree or higher in environmental or civil engineering or geology from an accredited institution;
- Candidate should have the potential to acquire licensure as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in this field;
- Familiarity with State (DE, MD, NJ, or PA) and federal environmental regulatory programs;
- Enthusiasm for engineering and working in a team environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with GIS, CAD, MS WORD, MS Excel, and environmental modeling software applications;
- Candidate should be a critical thinker, be self-motivated and willing to put the full effort towards the task at hand;
- Candidate should have a strong desire to grow and advance as an engineer or geologist; and
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution (enough to, potentially, cover 100% of a single employee s medical coverage) to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Available benefits include: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
In addition, Duffield Associates offers:
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match
- 8 paid holidays
- Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.
- Recreation room with beverages on tap, espresso/cappuccino machine, pool table, and video games.
Duffield Associates is committed to our community and regularly participates in a variety of outreach activities including: blood drives, adopt-a-highway, American Heart Association Awareness activities, and more.