Tetra Tech Inc.
is currently seeking an Environmental Engineer / Scientist /Junior Project Manager
for our San Diego, CA
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will be responsible for working with a team on a variety of environmental projects. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting environmental site assessments
- Subcontractor management
- Technical report writing
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples
- Site inspections
- Analytical data evaluation
- Assist project managers with task management and manage small-to-medium sized projects
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4 to 7 years of related environmental consulting experience
- Experience working on CERCLA and RCRA sites
- Familiarity with environmental sampling protocols, and CERCLA/RCRA requirements
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as being a self-starter
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Computer skills.
- BS in Geology/Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar
- Current OSHA 40-hour certification.
Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Approximately 20% field work. Occasional travel may be required. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.QualificationsAbout Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesJob
Environmental Primary Location
United States-California-San Diego Organization
103 EMI Schedule
Full-time Job Posting
Jun 18, 2019, 12:11:30 AM Job Closing Date