ESL Program Assistant
Columbia College – Richmond, VA
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program at Columbia College(www.ccdc.edu) is seeking talented and highly motivated individuals to join our team as the ESL Program Assistant .
- Silver Spring Extension (12125 Veirs Mill Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20906)
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (28 hours per week) or more.
*** Bilingual in Korean applicants are encouraged to apply.
*** Student Intern, OPT / J-1 Visa welcomed.
- Develop and monitor electronic and course materials to be used by ESL students.
- Assist in the development of curriculum, teaching materials, and program procedures.
- Direct and support the ESL program for undergraduate non-native speakers of English.
- Coordinate and organize programs and cultural events for international participants in ESL programs
- Assist in the development and administration
- Bachelor s degree in English, TESOL/ESL, Applied Linguistics, Language Education, Management, Counseling or related field
- Experience working with non-native speakers of English
- Experience with project planning and coordination
- Effective writing, reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Undergraduate ESL teaching experience preferred, but ESL teaching experience at all levels will also be considered
Job Types: Part-time, Internship