Job ID: 151827
APAC Tennessee, Inc., a CRH company, is an industry leader in high quality asphalt and concrete pavement construction, materials, and services. Located near downtown Memphis, APAC Tennessee services Eastern Arkansas, West Tennessee, and Northwest Mississippi with mobile concrete operations servicing the Southeastern United States. At APAC our employees are our most valuable resource and why we conduct business while placing Safety FirstAlways.
The Estimator position is responsible for using a combination of past experiences and project specifications to accurately project the amount of materials, equipment, and man hours that must be utilized in order to complete a given project. Based upon these calculations, they create a project budget that is then presented to Management.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Identify bid opportunities, Visit Site, Attend prebid meeting
- Analyze take offs for quantity comparisons, Analyze, geotech report, Prepare risk analysis / strategy,
- Solicit subcontractors and vendors / handle questions / scope issues
- Ensure DBE goals are met, Prepare & submit questions to owner
- Order bid bond, request railroad / builders risk insurance quotes
- Prepare subcontractor and vendor scope sheets
- Must possess thorough knowledge of project specifications and how the work is paid,
- Detailed cost breakdowns
- Calculate trucking, productions, crew hours
- Break the work into phases (if necessary) and the differential production rates / multiple mobilizations required
- Prepare estimate as sub / self-perform for some potentially subcontracted scopes
- If successful, prepare post bid documents for owners, handoff notes for operations and conduct hand off meeting
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- 4 year degree in construction management and or civil engineering is desired but not necessary, equivalent experience in in heavy highway construction.
- Valid state driver s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Knowledge of HCSS, AGTEK Highway 3D, Microsoft Projects and all Microsoft Office Products a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization s goals and objective.
- High ethical standards.
- Attention to detail
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet bid deadlines
- Team Player and a Self-Starter
- Check bid documents prior to bid submission
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to deal with the public in a pleasant, courteous, and calm manner in all circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and be multi-task oriented.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Understanding of procurement s impact on financial results.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely operator a motor vehicle frequently, such as a pick-up truck, often in rough, uneven conditions. Including mounting and dismounting equipment.
- Inspect construction progress by walking throughout the worksite, which often involves walking on slopes and very uneven terrain or rocks.
- Climbing steps to office trailers or box trailers.
- Utilizing office equipment while sitting.
- Alternating frequently between sitting, standing, walking and climbing
- Occasional lifting.
- Maintaining mental alertness at all times to ensure safety of all employees for whom the individual is responsible.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Tennessee, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.