Evening Shift Market Merchandiser
Continental Services – Van Buren, MI
The Market Merchandiser is responsible for driving company vehicle over an established route to merchandise store products. The driver is responsible for filling and maintaining their 24/7 market stores.
Hours/Shift: 6pm-2AM sunday -thursday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merchandising: Merchandise products according to store layouts. Roll-out promotions. Gather and report customer feedback. Maintain established inventory levels for all products sold, to include, but not limited to soft drinks, pre-packaged food, sandwiches, salads, soups, wraps, fruits, vegetables, candy, pastry, and snack items. Count, record and following ordering protocol for inventory. Restock shelves, coolers, and coffee. Follow protocols for inventory tracking and rotating of product. Collect and record out-of-date, rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Product Delivery: Review inventory requirements to identify what products are needed for each point of sale. Works closely with the warehouse to ensure all products are ready for delivery. Load and unload products using proper safety protocols to prevent injury. Drive vehicle to points of sale to deliver merchandise. Maintain open lines of communication with management regarding account product changes and recommended scheduling changes.
- Cash Handling: Collect money from kiosks. Follow cash handling and loss prevention protocols to ensure personal and property safety. Record transactions on appropriate forms. Monitor and report any activity that seems out of the norm or raises specific concern about potential misconduct.
- Food Safety & Sanitation: Ensure proper handling and refrigeration of all perishable items during transit and while stocking products. Ensure coolers maintain appropriate temperatures to store products. Perform routine cleaning, to include, but not limited to coffee machines, microwaves, coolers, racks, shelves, tables, counter tops, floors and windows, in and around each point of sale.
- Inventory: Full inventory counts must be competed & submitted monthly.
- Audit: Inspect food quality & appearance; report stale products, review pick sheets, conduct final walk-thru.
- Additional projects and assignments as assigned.
- High-School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass DOT.
- Prior retail experience and familiarization with basic merchandising concepts strongly preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Results oriented and flexible; takes action as soon as need arises and can demonstrate positive results; steadily follows through on tasks; able to find a balance between the business requirements and meeting client requests; absorbs new information quickly and translates key points into positive outcomes.
- High energy level; has demonstrated endurance and persistence throughout career.
- Can-do attitude; stays positive; sets right tone when working with customers.
- Places high importance on relationship development; believes in and routinely practices direct and honest communication; actively shares information openly with those who need to know; seeks collaborative resolution of issues.
- Personal values align with the companys values and culture; treats people with respect and consistency; trustworthy; highly ethical; appreciates and engages in creativity and forward thinking; takes long-range view.
- Has a passion for providing great customer service and is skilled at communicating with customers in person; ability to read, speak and understand English; good at visualizing how to merchandise products and present a clean, organized and welcoming storefront.
- Detailed oriented, diplomatic, and comfortable working in structured environments that will require repetitive and routine tasks. Demonstrated willingness and ability to follow instruction that is provided in writing and/or in conversation.
- Climbing in-and-out of a vehicle
- Loading and unloading products from the vehicle.
- Bending, stooping, pulling/pushing, and twisting required.
- Walking and standing required for long periods
- Regular lifting 25-50 pounds
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Continental reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Continental or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. Its not intended to be all inclusive.
Continental is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.