Role: Event Manager - Contractor
Contract Timeframe: ASAP - January 15th, 2020
A2E is a dynamic, client-driven event planning, branded merchandise and corporate gift company. Founded in 2009, A2E started the company to help a small list of clients with their corporate gifts. Our goals were simple and twofold:
- Provide exceptional value to our clients.
- Enjoy what we do.
Today, were still motivated by the exact same principles. We just do more stuff.
From tailored events to corporate retreats to gifts of all shapes and sizes, we provide our clients, be they global media giants, start-ups or non-profits, with extraordinary service and value.
A2Es Event Manager (Contractor) will be a part of a dedicated program support team within a2e. This role will be responsible for assigned management and execution of the programs events from conception to completion both logistically and financially. The Event Manager (Contractor) maintains day-to-day communication with client in the pre-production, day of the event execution, and post event wrap of each assigned project. The Event Manager (Contractor) strives to uphold clients brand guidelines and messaging, provides informative research, budgetary suggestions, and guidance in vendor selection and creative or logistical decisions. Ability to support or lead multiple events at once is a must. This position reports directly to the programs Lead Senior Event Manager.
- Serve as Event lead for assigned program events including initial planning stages, on going budget tracking, on-site execution with vendors, venue event staff, and production team members as assigned, etc.
- Manages a2e Event Staff designated to each event and delegates appropriate responsibilities in pre-production + onsite while ensuring all tasks are completed on time.
- Vendor + venue management and coordination including sourcing vendors, reviewing contracts to submit for final client approval, contract negotiation as needed, collection of NDAs + COIs and managing all aspects of timely vendor(s) payment in collaboration with a2es accounting department.
- Project recap and client reporting (internal and external) including: Post event recap, finalizing budget, feedback for future improvements, and confirmation client invoicing is correct.
- Manages the onsite logistics for event load-in / DOE / load-out
- Coordinates a2e Event Team travel and logistics for specific events
- Hires local staff or Brand Ambassadors as needed and approved by the client
- 4+ years experience in meeting/event planning.
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience preferred. Marketing, Hospitality or Finance a plus
- Availability to travel and work on site for events - UP TO 50% TRAVEL
- Problem-solver who is collaborative team player and can multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop and foster client relationships in a professional manner while representing a2e with excellent standing
- Detail oriented team player with strong work ethic andexcellent program management and communication skills.
- Self motivated, reliable team player with a High level of organization
- Knowledge of budgets and cost tracking with experience in accounts payable and invoicing
- Takes initiative and respectfully brings new ideas to the table for both the client + a2e internal
- High competency level on computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities Proficient in Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, Outlook - Quip is a plus
- General understanding of how to build layouts + floor plans in Social Tables is (preferred)
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Clean Driving Record and valid drivers license
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent Resident with ability to travel internationally if needed (i.e. Canada, Puerto Rico, etc)
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
- 6 month contract with opportunity for permanent position
- $27.50hr - $32.50/hr Depending on Experience
- Guaranteed 25 paid hours/week. Typical work week 25-40+ hours.
- Strong Desire to learn
- Pride of ownership
- Accountable and Honest
- Positive attitude l Sense of Humor
- Strong Attention to Detail
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $27.50 to $32.50 /hour
- Event Coordination: 4 years (Preferred)