Executive Administrative Coordinator, Career Services
Bentley University – Waltham, MA
Job Description Summary
Primary responsibility is to provide administrative oversight and support for the Executive Director, Career Services and the career services department more broadly. This position provides daily support for the Graduate and Alumni Career Services team. This includes: provide timely and accurate administrative support to the Executive Director, Career Services and the Director of Graduate and Alumni Career Services and the graduate advising staff; serve as first point of contact for internal and external constituents (graduate students, alumni, faculty, staff, and employers); oversee work study students assigned to the graduate career office. Serve as web developer/manager for Alumni and Graduate Career Services.
- Provides administrative support for Executive Director, Career Services which includes budget oversight, corporate and vendor invoicing and tracking, and purchasing office supplies. Scheduling departmental staff meetings and taking and sharing notes from meetings as well as occasionally coordinating campus wide guests.
- Additionally supports Director, Graduate Career Services, three career advisors for Graduate students and one part-time alumni/graduate career coach.
- Additional responsibilities may include drafting newsletters, updating web and marketing materials and coordinating student support and keeping track of final graduate student placement reports.
- Manages Graduate and Alumni Career Services websites; speaking with executives and employers, and follow up on leads. Help employers and alumni gain access to alumni resources.
- Posts jobs for alumni, provide room booking, attendance tracking and communication for weekly alumni Fast Track group and help to schedule one on one appointments for alumni.
- Additional duties include photocopying, preparing brochures, handouts, plus other materials as needed.
- Provides computer application software support to staff, students and alumni (including iModules, Microsoft Office; Symplicity, Banner; Outlook, HandShake, WorkDay, VMock, Interstride etc.).
- Serves as primary contact for incoming phone calls, greets visitors, and manages the calendars as needed of Executive Director, Career Services: Graduate Director; and the graduate career advisors.
- Provides Executive Director with administrative support, such as maintaining calendar, creating PowerPoint presentations and assisting in managing and assisting with the annual budget.
- Provides general purchasing administrative support to career services staff.
- Liaises with The Conference Center to provide room scheduling and media services.
- Gain basic knowledge of CPT, OPT and visa issues by developing relationship with the Center for International Students and Scholars office. Be respectful of diversity of the student population; make effort to work with cultural differences.
- Oversee work of the work-study students/career colleagues.
- 5 years of office/administrative experience.
- Knowledge of event planning, budgeting, web development, editing, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be detail oriented and committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver s license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley s insurance carrier.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.