Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Plastics Industry Association, Inc. – Washington, DC
General Summary: To assist the President and CEO toward successful accomplishment of the mission, goals and objectives of PLASTICS. Providing administrative and secretarial support to the President, while planning, organizing, managing and executing two Board meetings per year.
- Prepare and create monthly reports.
- Track requirements of CEOs direct reports.
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Act as a liaison for the President with the Board of Directors, members and staff.
- Handle special projects assigned by the President to include, but not limited to, conducting research and preparation of reports, preparation of documents and business correspondence, some of which are confidential in nature.
- Effective maintenance of all meeting, correspondence and business files for the President and the Office of the President.
- Manage logistics for all meetings for which the President has responsibility, to include set-up of meeting rooms, audiovisual, and catering.
- Handle Presidents calendar and email to include meeting and travel schedule.
- Coordinate and make airline, hotel and other travel arrangements (domestic and international) for the President.
- Assist with preparation of business travel expense reports and coordinate payment of business expenses for the President.
- Administrative office duties to include, but not limited to, answer telephones, arrange conference calls for the Office of the President; open and sort mail, preparation and coordination of large mailings, order departmental supplies, filing, faxing and copying.
- Work with the meeting department to plan and manage the execution of Board of Director and Governance meetings. Following review by the President and the Chairman of the Board, help to implement all phases of the meetings to include:
- Conduct site inspections, present preliminary site selections, negotiate room rates and meal and meeting costs, negotiate, review and approve hotel contracts,
- Plan and implement social and recreational events inclusive of researching, choosing, negotiating, and contracting with key entertainment and speakers,
- Manage all aspects of on-site activities with hotel personnel,
Preparation of Board and Governance information for microsite on PLASTICS Website, including draft agendas for Board of Directors, and coordination with senior staff in preparing agendas for Board meetings falling under their responsibility,
- Draft Board meeting programs, Coordinate printing and distribution of all Board information
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting minutes
- Review and reconcile hotel and meeting-related invoices with meetings department
- Plan and implement all phases of Nominating Committee meetings to include: agenda preparation, collection of confidential data and preparation of extensive background reports as requested, and logistics, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes
- Coordinate and implement all phases of Board elections to include: preparation and distribution of ballots for the election of Officers and Board of Director members
- Coordinate with appropriate senior staff in implementing the preparation and distribution of ballots for the election of members to the three Industry Segment Councils
- Coordinate and implement all phases of balloting for all PLASTICS Bylaws or policy changes, which require membership approval
- Prepare written report for the Inspectors of Election chairman
- Handle Board-related correspondence and telephone communications
- Work with the President and Accounting staff to develop the budget for the Office of the President. Manage the budget on a monthly basis
- Work with President and appropriate Senior Staff to plan National Board Budget.
- Administer approved Board Budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 10 to 15 years experience at a trade association or corporation assisting senior level executive. Previous experience planning high-level meetings (Board Meetings, Senior Management activities, etc.)
- Exceedingly professional communication skills, proper grammar in both written and oral communications required at all times.
- Ability to interact with members on strategic and financial issues
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of PLASTICS and member companies
- Ability to organize and implement high level meetings
- Ability to assist President in hosting member visits
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently within defined schedules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skill level in: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Prior experience with databases; knowledge of iMIS database a plus
- Ability to manage competing demands; deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Must be dependable and reliable: consistently at work on time, follow instructions, and responsive to management direction
- Must possess a high level of discretion, ethics and loyalty; must be able to work with confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize, plan work activities and use time efficiently
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Executive Assistant: 7 years (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: