Exercise Support Analyst
Apogee Solutions – Doral, FL
Exercise Support Analyst
Apogee Solutions, a Woman Owned Small Business, is seeking qualified professionals to support exercise planning efforts for MARFORSOUTH G-3 and the G-3 Exercise Plans Officer with administrative, fiscal coordination of exercise funds, travel coordination, and logistical assistance for multinational exercises and conferences.
- Participate in MARFORSOUTH contingency, crisis and exercise operational planning teams (OPT).
- Review and provide recommendation for SOUTHCOM and Marine Corps taskers (MCATS/DON Tracker, SOUTHCOM Tasker system).
- Assist MARFORSOUTH staff in Marine Corps and SOUTHCOM planning conferences (e.g. Force Synch Conference) by gathering information to facilitate planning.
- Assist with coordination between MARFORSOUTH and the Military Groups, for all matters related to the coordination and monitoring of exercises within the AOR. The support will include planning conferences; arranging venues, billeting, commercial meals, transportation, and information technology for U.S. and Partner Nation (PN) personnel; and coordinating with U.S. personnel deploying to the U.S. Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM) AOR, to ensure compliance with personnel recovery, force protection, rules of engagement, and area clearance requirements.
- Routinely interface with counterparts at USSOUTHCOM, Headquarters USMC, United States Navy, and United States Country Teams located in the USSOUTHCOM AOR.
- Possess Defense Language Program 2/2 or greater Spanish abilities. These skills will facilitate expanded capabilities in planning and executing activities, efficiently and economically. Short duration foreign and domestic travel will be required with telecommunication capability while on foreign travel.
- Provide fiscal/budgetary and resource management oversight to events in support of Commander MARFORSOUTH related strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- SOUTHCOM AOR experience preferred
- Experience planning at the Combatant Command level preferred
- MARFOR experience preferred
- Possess Defense Language Program 2/2 or greater Spanish abilities
- The ability to communicate information and ideas verbally so others will understand in English and in Spanish
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience either via electronic or written mediums in English and Spanish
- The ability to create products and presentations that communicate ideas effectively and concisely in English and in Spanish.
- Current U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
- A valid US driver s license.
- A valid US passport.
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide)