Direct and manage fabrication operations and work with a highly skilled and motivated team of craftsmen.
Were in the business of creating innovative solutions for commercial and military transportation markets. As the global leader in our industry, we push boundaries by utilizing innovation to highly engineer and produce the absolute best hand-crafted seating and technology products for commercial and military vehicles.
At USSC were solving our industry s most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world. Our culture is fast-paced, energetic and innovative. We work to build an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background, can do their best work. We are fully committed to continuous growth and advancement; we will reinvest profits and resources into our employees, our processes and product innovation.
Job Title: Fabrication Manager
Department: Fabrication Production
Summary: As a Fabrication Manager, you are vital to our success, as your time will be spent directing and managing fabrication operations, with overall responsibilities for production-related activities. You will work in a brand new, light-filled, state of the art manufacturing facility, together with a team of highly motivated and skilled team members, to build our award-winning proprietary commercial transportation seating.
Responsibilities: As a Fabrication Manager You will:
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves Fabrication methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day fabrication operations to exceed our customers expectations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall fabrication performance for production.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production personnel.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Share a trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff.
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Implement a visual facility utilizing lean techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned. .
Youre a great fit for this position if this describes you;
- Bachelor s Degree in Management/Operations/Business/Finance or another related field.
- 5+ years of plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment, with a focus in metalworking.
- Experience working within a fabrication shop including use of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Strong understanding of CNC Machining and Programming, Welding, Press Brake and Grinding.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- Proficient in current computer software: MS Applications Word, Excel, and understanding of ERP systems.
- Excellent written communications skills, including the use of proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar to produce error-free copy, particularly composing letters, reports and documents used for decision making.
- Outstanding oral communication skills including tack and diplomacy which would be utilized during customer service, conflict management, development of relationships with internal and external contact.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse projects including, analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing, problem solving, decision making and carrying out assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Must handle sensitive or confidential information with discretion.
- Familiar with general manufacturing concepts is a plus.
Here at USSC Group, we embrace the core values that make us great.
P A S S I O N to build the future together.
People Attitude Service Safety Innovation One Company Nimble
People: We are USSCs most important asset. We are dedicated, supported and empowered to make decisions. We work ethically, with honor and integrity and do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done.
Attitude: We believe in the power of a positive mindset. We attack challenges with optimism and adjust to change with an enthusiastic team approach. We embrace diversity and treat everyone with respect.
Service: We take pride in treating all customers the way we want to be treated. We go above and beyond to ensure that our internal and external customers receive world-class customer service that exceeds expectations.
Safety: We work to overcome obstacles, achieve goals and provide high-quality products that improve safety and survivability for our customers. Together, we share the responsibility and the authority to actively create and support a safe work environment that produces the highest quality goods and services.
Innovation: We are driven by innovative technology. We are empowered to creatively and resourcefully overcome challenges. We strive to be a strategic partner for our customers by developing creative products that provide solutions.
One Company: We are One Company, One Team. We work together, grow together and celebrate together. We believe in our team and are dedicated to our collective corporate goals. We are committed to the continuous growth of self, USSC and each other.
Nimble: We are flexible and respond to changing customer and business needs with focus and speed. We are driven by our continual quest for value creation. We listen, learn, adapt and evolve.
This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this role. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person in this role, nor is it intended that this description represents all the work that may be required of a person in this position.
USSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.