Facilities Equipment Coordinator
Abzena – San Diego, CA
The Facilities Equipment Coordinator works closely with the Director of Facilities to support all facilities and equipment activities. The Coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information from the Facilities department. The Facilities Equipment Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Facilities Director and the Facilities organization, manage office functions including: System administrator for the departments CMMS, Work Order coordination, Equipment History Files, Security badge and access assignments, database management, daily office operations, coordination of budgeting/accounting systems, maintaining office records, and providing general support services. Additionally, the Facilities Equipment Coordinator, under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, will manage outside contractors in support of the Facilities Department, including maintaining records and contracts, coordinating project activities, and providing scheduling support.
Typical Duties Include
- Manage the CMMS system, including receiving work requests, assigning work orders, entering system data, and providing overall system administration.
- Assist with the implementation of the departments CMMS.
- Schedule and coordinate Equipment onboarding.
- Act as a Central dispatch for all maintenance, calibration and re-validation activities.
- Assist the Facilities team in all aspects of project implementation, as needed.
- Support the Director of Facilities with external contracts, as needed.
- Manage the Security access-control database in conjunction with the Security Contractor.
- Schedule and coordinate routine alarm and security system tests.
- Schedule and coordinate internal and external building safety inspections.
- Perform space-planning functions.
- Represent the Facilities Department in inter-departmental meetings to support and facilitate communication and action among departments.
- Coordinate all Facilities activities, work direction, and support systems.
- Oversee and indoctrinate contractors, as needed.
- Independently maintain and update administrative policies and procedures.
- Establish, maintain, and organize the departments equipment files.
- Assist facilities staff in locating parts, supplies, and materials.
- Prepare and maintain Requests for Proposals (RFPs), bid information, and other contract documents.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities team.
- Assist Metrology team with calibration scheduling and coordination.
- Create Facilities and Equipment metrics.
- Organize As-builts, floor plans and building drawings.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzenas policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzenas business.
- Travels as needed to attend professional conferences, and train on new technologies.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Facilities and Equipment Management.
- Proficient ability implementing and managing a CMMS system.
- Proficient skill with CMMS software, such as Qualer and Blue Mountain Ram.
- Ability to work and communicate professionally, both verbally and in written form with internal and external customers, colleagues and contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Ability to organization and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete projects and tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and adjust direction when the situation warrants.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- May be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.