Under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, provides architectural, engineering and planning expertise and coordination of renovation, construction deferred, and major maintenance projects for District facilities including structural, mechanical, electrical and signal systems. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to Facilities Management, 3753 Bradview Drive, Sacramento, CA 95827.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
- Works closely with District faculty, staff, and administrators to prepare preliminary designs, plans, and estimates for alteration, renovation, construction, and major maintenance projects.
- Develops and implements schedules of work for District resources and contractors.
- Works closely with campus faculty and staff, facilities management department staff, and contracted professionals in order to prepare or coordinate the development of preliminary designs, plans and estimates for alteration, renovation, repair, and major maintenance projects.
- Reviews assigned work order requests and coordinates the development of project cost estimates.
- Makes recommendations as to whether proposed work should be done with in-house resources or contracted out.
- Coordinates with governmental and utility agencies to comply with environmental and energy conservation mandates, programs and rebates.
- Forwards drawings and data on projects resulting in space alterations to Planning Department for maintenance of District as-built drawings and State mandated facilities inventory database.
- Coordinates design, cost estimates, and planning of telecommunications and data systems for remodels, renovations and new construction with district telecommunications systems specialists.
- Works closely with architectural or engineering firms.
- Designs and draws plans.
- Develops estimates and maintains job cost accounting.
- Acts as project coordinator.
- Develops project schedules and bid requirements.
- Coordinates the bidding process with District purchasing department and develops written specification of project requirements.
- Determines type of contractor to be notified of bid.
- Notifies contractors of bids.
- Issues contract documents to bidders.
- Reviews plans, working drawings, documents, and surveys to coordinate and schedule projects which would minimize the disruption to planned educational activities.
- Schedules, manages, and participates in the pre-bid job-site walk-through with prospective bidders.
- Participates in the evaluation and bid award process.
- Reviews contractors bids and recommends award of contract to successful contractors.
- Plans tasks with Facilities Management personnel or contracted services.
- Prepares all contract documents upon approval and funding of proposed projects.
- Insures that design and planning conforms with applicable codes and regulations.
- Monitors and arranges for contract bonds, certificates of insurance and other required contract provisions for forwarding to the District Office.
- Processes contract documents.
- Sets up and facilitates pre-construction meetings with contractors and in-house staff.
- Schedules and tracks projects and resource usage.
- Prepares and implements computer programs to extract data and compile State mandated reports on facilities inventory and usage.
- Provides construction administration for work in progress.
- Directs the work of contractors and coordinates alterations, renovations, construction, and major maintenance projects in progress with District tradesmen.
- Insures that specific health, safety, and construction codes and regulations are followed, schedules are met, materials required, and specified are provided and work is performed according to specifications.
- Develops and issues addenda to contract documents.
- Collects proper signatures on documents and forwards to the District Office.
- Issues contract change directives.
- Reviews and approves contractors invoices for payment.
- Prepares requisitions for contract payment.
- Prepares and processes contract close-out documents upon completion of projects.
- Maintains and updates District as-built drawings and State mandated facilities inventory database.
- Oversees and coordinates the design, cost, equipment, and justification effort for Final Project Proposal (FPP) packages, insuring that all required documentation is included for submittal to the State Chancellors Office for project funding.
- Performs site surveys and engineering designs and layouts.
- Performs related duties as required.
Work Year 12 month
7:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m., Monday Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week
Possess and maintain a valid California Drivers License in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343; employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties. Must be willing to monitor projects on other than regular working hours.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a medical evaluation.
EXPERIENCE: Four years combined experience in construction management, construction supervision, facilities planning, engineering, architecture or related field.
EDUCATION: A Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field; OR, a combination of training and/or experience totaling six years that is likely to have provided the required level of knowledge and abilities.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating see resume on the online application will be disqualified.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.
Salary $6,984.85 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note