Tacodeli Holdings, Inc – Austin, TX
Reporting directly to the VP, Operations, the Facilities Technician serves as a critical player on the Tacodeli Operations team. This highly organized individual provides a number of key responsibilities in our Operations Department ensuring that our stores facilities needs are handled on a day to day basis.
Our business depends on our customers getting their daily taco fix the Facilities Technician will ensure our business processes are uninterrupted and proactive decisions are being made for the betterment of staff safety and protection of our companys assets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates proactive and reactive repairs and maintenance for all stores equipment and physical facilities including maintenance service, emergency repairs and maintains plumbing, electrical, and mechanical equipment within the restaurant; motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, faucets, hoses etc.
- Handles minor repairs including but not limited to machines or replacement of broken parts, cleans and lubricates parts and orders replacement parts, repairs and maintains appliances.
- Prioritizes assigned service calls to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
- Performs all work with adherence to safety procedures.
- Maintains organized system of equipment and inventory as well as logs and maintains preventative maintenance program and monitor progress of open work orders.
- Assists supervisor with recommendations regarding capital budget expenditures for equipment, building and property repair or replacement.
- Helps new store development team in setting up new stores including coordination with on-site contractors for new store construction.
- Acts as point of contact for emergency situations that affect the restaurants on a 24/7 basis.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Education
- Must be computer literate and able to easily use ticketing system and other software programs
- Must have outstanding organizational skills
- Must be technically inclined/ handy
- Previous construction or maintenance experience required
- Licensed HVAC technician preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Supervisor, Restaurant Management and vendors.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl, squat and reach for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and verbal detailed instructions in a loud and busy kitchen environment with hot ovens and limited work space
- Willing and able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must be able to travel up to 100% of the time to stores across Austin, Dallas, Plano & Houston on an as-needed basis
- Technical/other training or better