Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture s federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. Its what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the worlds leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fastthe first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nations priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The FSO will handle the day-to-day security operations at a classified site in Arlington, VA. The FSO will develop and administer an effective industrial security protocol that assures compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual requirements and other applicable security requirements. The FSO will be responsible for developing and implementing security policies and procedures in coordination with government agencies. This position coordinates and monitors sensitive aspects of government agencies industrial security programs, ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. This includes active support to the management and protection of client-owned secure network(s), requiring the FSO to advise on the risk and remediation of security issues based on reports from vulnerability assessment scanners, patch management tools, and emerging threat information. The FSO will report on system security status and security incidents. At the clients discretion, the FSO will monitor, track, and/or assist with coordinating the remediation of system security weaknesses as they are discovered.
The FSO is responsible for supporting all security related issues for AFS cleared programs. These responsibilities include management and execution of all facility security functions including secure/closed area operations, personnel security, program support, physical security, document control, badging and access control. The FSO implements all requisite national security directives with specific emphasis on NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and exhibits the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a seasoned security professional while working and making decisions independently without direct supervision. The FSO works as a team player, exhibits flexibility, sets priorities, and manages customer expectations in a sometimes fast-paced environment. The FSO interacts with internal and external customers or Government security officials in performance of security duties. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and enacting all AFS corporate policies including the protection of AFS intellectual property. The FSO is also responsible for supporting all security related issues for Accenture Federal Services cleared programs. These responsibilities include:
- Develop and Administer an effective industrial security protocol that assures compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual requirements, Special Security Agreement and other applicable security requirements
- Educate cleared personnel to their security responsibilities as outlined in Security Requirements Documents (DD254 or equivalent)
- Coordinate Security Education Training and Briefings
- Develop written procedures outlining the security requirements for each government contract
- Advise/Assist project managers with any industrial security issues
- Manage security requirements (DD254s or equivalent)
- Directs and leads contract execution support related to security
- Clearly understand the contract terms and conditions related to security requirements
- Ensure that client requirements regarding submission of security paperwork are followed
- Supervise and direct security measures necessary for implementing Government Requirements
- Ensure compliance with all security requirements for Classified and Unclassified contracts
- Serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) for a Possessing Facility
- Conduct periodic self-inspections and lead Security Vulnerability Assessment (SVAs) for 1 Facility
- US Citizenship required
- 4 years of experience working with OPSEC, personnel, industrial, physical, IT/IA, NISPOM guidance and/or information security principles
- Minimum of 3 years experience and working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program as a DSS certified FSO or assistant FSO in a Possessing Facility (Proof of Certification will be required)
- Direct experience organizing installation of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Background in providing security instruction to unindoctrinated personnel
- Working knowledge of JPAS and C-CURE
- Recent experience supporting a sensitive client
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Preferred Education: BA or BS degree, or 4 years equivalent experience
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.