Join the multiplex immunofluorescence and tissue biomarker discovery company! Located in Palo Alto,
CA, Hopkinton, MA, and with European presence, we are a well-funded and growing company with
industry leading technologies for tissue analysis. The company is in the midst of rapid commercial growth
and we have an immediate need for a talented Field Service Engineer to support our customers in Europe.
Akoya Biosciences is seeking individuals to join our customer focused field service team based (ideally
based in either Germany, Belgium or the UK). This role will provide instrument field service support for
our ground breaking technologies in the field of multiplex immunofluorescence. Products include our
Phenoptics imaging instruments, Vectra Polaris, Vectra 3, and Mantra, as well as our newly released
CODEX platform. The successful individual will be based in the Europe and provide field service support
for customers across Europe including installations, customer training, preventative maintenance,
troubleshooting, and repair.
- Apply knowledge of mechanics, electronics, optics, computers, and Akoya products to the
installation, preventive maintenance and repair of Phenoptics and CODEX products and
- Perform equipment installations and validation including customer training, introducing the
customer to basic features and functions of the instrument and software.
- Provide real-time and follow-up support (technical, operational, logistical) to our customers,
both internal and external.
- Evaluate the customer issue, diagnose the problem, create a repair strategy then perform and
verify the repair.
- Prepared to travel around Europe at short notice to attend breakdowns within 48hrs of callout if
- Provide remote email and telephone technical support for customers
- Prioritize support correspondence to comply with the Technical Support Centers customer
- Manage, prioritize and schedule all work to be performed to satisfy internal and external
- Log and track all support calls and field service visits in the appropriate database in a timely
- Properly maintain and inventory a trunk stock of service parts.
- Communicate strategic customer, competitive and sales lead information to the appropriate
Sales Account Manager.
- Report potential quality issues via the Akoya corrective action process.
- Provide awareness of critical customer and service issues, with potential recommended
solutions to the technical support group.
- Provide advisory services for management on both equipment and customer problems.
- Delight our customers with prompt and courteous service and support at all times.
- Collaborates and communicates knowledge (e.g., customer insights, trends, market information,
etc.) across the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc (or equivalent experience) in Optics / Physics / Electronic Engineering / Biotechnology
- Field experience with a minimum of 3-6 years directly related to medical, life sciences, or
biological research device service and support
- Experience with microscopy, digital imaging, fluorescence, microfluidics, and motion control
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong Windows operating system knowledge
- Strong electro-mechanical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot over the telephone and in the field
- Flourishes in a highly dynamic and small company environment
- Must be comfortable speaking to a group in a training setting
- Experience in MS-Office and Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC)
- Ability to work in a team environment and to meet deadlines is required
- Travel expected to be 60 -80% of the time
- Ability / commitment to travel regularly across Europe
- Full Driving License / Passport
- Multiple language skills would be a bonus
If interested, please contact us at [email protected]