NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE : Field SupportSr. Macys
GRADE : 8
Gifted at communicating with customers (by maintaining strong relationships, handling problems before they start, and making sure customers have what they need when they need it). You also have impressive on-the-job experience identifying key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data. You even know about working on multi-vendor hardware and software products.
Are we speaking your language yet? If so, were looking for you , our newestField Support Senior for Macys locations). In this role, youll service hardware and software in retail, distribution center, call centers and office locations, perform software reloads and part replacements, and communicate across teams to resolve issues. You might even be called on to mentor and assist other Field Support peers (like a Jedi).
What makes this more exciting? Knowing that its all to help make life easier for people all over the world, through more than 550 million transactions every day. Our clients are restaurants, shops, banks, and airports. They come to us for software, hardware, and services. Your skills make sure we can assist them in the ways they need it the most.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Provide support for everything from networking and communication products to network and systems equipmentwith the goal of keeping our customers completely assured and satisfied.
- Be our go-to when theres a problem or incident. Youll respond to all customer concerns by handling them, or by pulling in the proper associate, team member, territory manager, or controller to do somaking sure things are fully resolved to the customers liking (in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements, of course).
- Unbridle your manual skills to make repairs and replace components on equipment such as PCs, workstations, laptop applications, kiosks, peripherals, printers, POS systems, and ATMs. Youll also be assisting in site preparation, including installation of cable and the staging and testing of equipment.
- Be a guardian of all NCR assets used in the delivery of customer services (thats tools, software, vehicles, documentation, and intellectual property). Which means youll maintain stellar records and an appropriate parts inventory.
- Capture customer information so that we can complete any invoicing, as well as stay in contact to ensure were providing the best possible service.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experiences. Identifies key issues and patterns from partial/conflicting data.
- Provide assistance to the Macys team in support of employees in order to resolve customer issues.
- Aid the manager in documenting work processes, mentoring, providing performance feedback on employees, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communications.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A proactive, forward thinker who is always on the lookout for preemptive measures so that they can recommend preventative maintenance.
- Brilliant at building great working relationships among teammates and customers.
- Willing to lend assistance in coaching employees, providing performance feedback, strengthening teamwork culture, and fostering open and effective communication.
- A stickler for record-keeping. Which comes in handy when youre asked to log all customer calls and activity, plus track all expenses incurred in the delivery of services (like phone calls or driving).
- Formal vocational and/or technical training/certification (though an Associates Degree is preferred)
- Up to five years of related experience
- A+ Certification (CompTIA, N+ Certification is always a plus)
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems
- Must be a local candidate (this position is not eligible for paid relocation)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver s license and driving record that satisfies NCR fleet requirements
- Must pass the Companys background check requirements, including credit check, criminal, driving record, and drug screen
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation for a disability or based on religion
- Essential functions of this position include prolonged travel with driving up to approximately 8 hours per day, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time
Depending on assignment and location, duties and functions may include any or all of the following:
- Application support for all desktop programs, publishing, multi-media applications
- End user support for Macintosh computer users
- Trouble shooting and documentation of advance networks and equipment configurations
- Support of RF Communications, MST or Digital Assets Management systems
- Support of Microsoft Office, CatchIt, MCEADS, Adobe Creative Suite, Lotus Notes, and Digital Photography applications
- Uses advance test equipment, soldering and electrostatic discharge devices
- Read schematics and identify electrical components
- Repair printed circuit boards
- Servicing systems and equipment unique to distribution centers, office departments, call centers or credit centers.
- Is a top level contributor who acts independently with minimal direction
- A CE III may be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis. Also, this position conducts work at customer site(s) and local NCR offices
Integrated into our shared values is NCRs commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.