Fill In Unit Clerk - Clinical
SSM Health Dean Medical Group - 1313 Fish Hatchery Road – Madison, WI
The Fill In Unit Clerk - Clinical, under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, provides assistance to patients to ensure quality patient care and satisfaction, and provides assistance to other Clinic staff to include limited assistance in patient care to patients 3 years of age. This position provides assistance to patient inquiries via telephone or personal contact and screens patients to obtain Medical Center information, makes patient appointments, schedules surgeries and provides patients appropriate general information regarding their surgical procedure. This position is also responsible and accountable for managing referrals for medical and surgical specialist appointments to ensure timely, efficient communication between patients and referral provider offices allowing for smooth coordination of the patient between the Primary Care Provider and Dean Medical/Surgical specialists. Must be flexible to work on an as needed basis. May be required to travel to sites where needed.
- Approaches all encounters both in person and over the phone in a friendly, helpful and welcoming manner. Greets and acknowledges internal and external customers immediately and providing exceptional customer service as outlined in the customer service standard.
- Performs advanced computer scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and coordination of appointments as needed.
- Performs schedule maintenance in Epic software for provider patient care schedules.
- Assists Manager with Allocate software for provider and rooming staff scheduling which will include the input of information in database and analyzing for issues/concerns.
- Coordinates doctors practice with all surgery centers, informing them of changes and/or additions.
- Acts as a resource to insure that Primary Care Physicians receive adequate feedback from specialist.
- Educates patients with general instructions when scheduling surgery. Prepares forms and instructs patients on (Pre and Post) procedures; follows up with patients prior to surgical date to ensure accuracy of patient compliance.
- Serves as an outreach facilitator with multiple Dean and non-Dean medical sites. Organizes EMR, schedules and referrals between doctor, referring doctor, surgical site and patient. Manages follow up visits between co-manager and doctor.
- Prepares Outreach and Surgical records while maintaining and facilitating forms management between surgical centers and clinical departments.
- Determines appropriate follow up actions and acts as a resource for patient contact and specialist sites; responsible for issues resolution and satisfactory connection for referral appointment.
Assists patients with second opinion for surgery (i.e., paperwork, phone calls).
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3 years customer service, reception or business experience with a minimum of 1 year of this experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must successfully complete required training and competency assessment with Clinical Staff Services at placement into this position.
- Medical terminology knowledge/education OR Dean course must be taken within 3 months of Date of Hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with full knowledge of keyboard.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy, ever changing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and advanced verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively with providers and staff.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities as well as the ability to work independently and confidently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional problem solving abilities; ability to arrive at innovative solutions.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet department needs on short notice.
- Adapts easily to the workflow of the different departments
- Available to work a flexible schedule on short notice.
- Ability to work at least one shift in a 90 day period or as designated per department
Ability to travel to other sites as needed