Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and Americas #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
VIZIOs Corporate Finance team supports management in establishing business objectives and developing action plans to achieve them. The overall responsibilities of the Finance team ranges from annual budget, financial analysis & reporting, cost analysis and accounting close process. We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing team. This role will play an integral part in the planning process by providing information to managers and executives that is used for decision-making purposes. This position requires an energetic, intelligent individual with financial analysis and accounting experience who is innovative and can execute in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Financial Reporting and Modeling
- Assist in preparing, analyzing and summarizing various operational results (actual versus plan and trend) and proactively identifying issues and opportunities to improve business performance.
- Ensure accuracy of weekly/monthly/quarterly financial reporting package. Research and investigate variances.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics
Accounting close process
- Monthly recording and reporting on accrued royalties/Cost related accounting entries
- Assist with general accounting and cost function responsibilities
- Execute the effective distribution of costs throughout the organization via cost sheets for each product line
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity
- Help with reduction of cost and efficiency improvement strategies; performs analysis and support to Management to achieve the cost reduction goals
- Communicate with different internal/external for best cost practice
Project Support and Ad Hoc Requests
- Provide ad hoc financial and business analytic decision support on numerous revenue and cost-saving initiatives, and/or other assigned projects
- Maintain and improve department financial reporting tools and processes.
- Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and present information to various levels of management and ensuring the data integrity of all reports
- A minimum education level of: Bachelors Degree, Area of Study: Finance & Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools.
- Advance Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook).
- Knowledge in SAP/IT systems is a plus.
- Accounting knowledge and experience is a plus
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employees job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.