Floor/Event Manager for Trillium Brewing Company
Trillium Brewing Company is hiring a Floor/Event Manager to join our newest location, our first ground-up construction project in our Fenway neighborhood. Our new home is a 1,500 square foot structure with a greenhouse-inspired feel. Guests will be able to sip beers on the open-air patio in the summer and watch snow shimmer through glass windows in the winter. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, family-run brewery and bring your expertise into the world of craft beer!
In this position, you will play a key role in managing all aspects of our taproom, including private event business. First and foremost you will work closely with the General Manager and staff to run day to day taproom operations. As a leader, you will be expected to deliver a high-quality experience to our guests and motivate our staff to ensure excellent customer service. This position will be responsible for producing events from conception through completion, with an emphasis on execution. This role will follow-up on leads and proactively generate new event business through a variety of avenues. The ideal candidate personifies the fundamental elements of hospitality with exceptional management skills and a passion for creating memorable experiences.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, onboard, and supervise new front of house staff
- Direct work for employees including setting hours and weekly schedules, and assigning tasks before, during, and after open hours of the restaurant
- Manage performance of Front of House employees, including conducting performance evaluations, coaching, and discipline
- Assist the General Manager with the development of hourly employees by providing daily feedback on performance during one on ones
- Handle complaints, conflicts, questions, and suggestions from restaurant employees
- Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent service
- Respond to customer complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Analyze staff evaluations and feedback to improve customer s experience
- Promptly response to customer inquiries via email, phone, and in-person
- Follow-up on event inquiries and generate new event business through various mediums
- Achieve monthly and quarterly event sales goals; communicate and evaluate progress against these goals with senior management
- Create and sustain productive relationships and negotiate contracts with event-related clients, vendors, companies, and supporters
- Balance incoming leads, prepare outgoing contracts, and manage day-of setup and staff communications, ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to
- Plan and manage events, including timeline/schedule, logistics, and on-site execution
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Required 5+ years of experience working as a bartender, server, or manager in a restaurant environment.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team
- Confidence and business acumen to delegate staff effectively based on business conditions
- Organized and efficient with great attention to detail
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and communicate clearly, with composure and enthusiasm, to customers and staff
- A deep passion for craft beer is a must and knowledge about the brewing process is a bonus
- Willing to work a flexible weekend schedule (Friday-Sunday) including nights and holidays
- Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPSs (Training for Intervention Procedures)
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies
- Move lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance
- Medical and dental benefits (with employer contributions)
- 401K with match
- Paid time off
- Free and discounted Trillium merchandise
- Philanthropy programs
- Event sales incentive