Front Desk Agent / Guest Service Agent
Chebeague Island Inn – Chebeague Island, ME
The iconic Chebeague Island Inn is actively searching for friendly, customer-focused, and detailed Guest Service Agents to commit to joining their Front Desk team this Summer Season. This is the perfect job for a local or seasonal visitor. Flexible start and end dates for part time or full time work.
The ideal candidate must live in provided shared staff housing or have alternative housing on the island. Provided housing is shared co-ed with other employees of the Inn within walking distance of the property. Room and Board includes a full meal plan of lunch and dinner daily at $120/week.
The wage range is $11.00-14.00 per hour, with potential to earn higher wages based on experience/skill set.
The Chebeague Island Inn, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, offers 21 serene and comfortable guest rooms, a locally-driven restaurant, and outdoor patio with sweeping ocean views. Just a quick ferry ride off the Maine coast, the Inn is an iconic landmark for summer visitors of the island. Visit chebeagueislandinn.com for more information. Be sure to Follow @Hay Creek Hotels on Linkedin for future employment updates!
- Provide telephone services and operate the multi-line telephone switchboard effectively. Receive and transfer all calls, voice messages, and mail of guests and hotel employees.
- Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner. Direct guests to the appropriate area.
- Register guests and securely assign them a guest room and room key. Verify guest credit and process payment upon check-out.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system and rates/packages offered. Regularly check availability for reservation inquiries. Make and confirm reservations over the phone and coordinate those submitted online.
- Assist guests with any and all needs, including assisting in bringing luggage to their rooms, making restaurant reservations, and ensuring housekeeping and maintenance requests.
- Communicate all guest room status changes to Housekeeping department.
- Professionally handle guest complaints, problem solve to satisfy all guest needs, and follow up with manager.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel services, local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Deliver guest amenities as necessary.
- Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead emergency situations, such as evacuations. Follow all key procedures. Secure guest valuables. Manage Lost and Found per policy.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be very skilled with technology and a quick learner. Working knowledge of a Property Management System a plus.
- 1 year customer service experience required, hotel environment preferred.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Proven success in handling guest complaints.
- Ability to operate smoothly and professionally under high stress situations.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
From: Hay Creek Hotels