Front Desk Supervisor
Residence Inn Houston Medical Center/NRG Park – Houston, TX
The Residence Inn by Marriott Houston Medical Center/NRG Park is looking for a Front Desk Supervisor to join our team. We offer competitive pay, flexible scheduling opportunities, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with Employer Match.
The Front Desk Supervisor supervises Front Desk operations during an assigned shift to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction by providing quality service, and comply with corporate/brand policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Supervise Front Desk staff: train and coach; resolve problems; provide thorough communications; recommend disciplinary action as necessary.
- Personally conduct Front Desk activities; check guests in and out efficiently and courteously; respond to customer concerns, issues, inquiries, and input in a timely, professional, and courteous manner; resolve customer complaints, escalate issues as necessary or report to other departments for resolution.
- Pre-register, block reservations and take same-day reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies; cancel reservations according to procedures.
- Prepare Front Desk reports in a timely and accurate manner; run room status reports and disseminate information to relevant departments and individuals; print cashiers reports and verify balances; update group information and relay information to affected departments.
- Implement Company/Brand programs to achieve service quality goals are achieved, while ensuring compliance with all specified policies and procedures; communicate with sales staff to define and implement sales strategies for improving occupancy levels and revenues.
- Prepare forecasts and reports as directed; implement and monitor results to budget projections; develop recommendations for minimizing expenses and maximizing revenue.
- Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance; report issues as necessary; monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Manager-on-Duty in the absence of Senior Management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Supervises Front Desk Clerks and Front Desk Leads
- Solid working knowledge of related company and brand policies, procedures, and services; general knowledge of other departments in the hotel, including a good understanding of basic operations and functions of all other departments and emergency systems, policies and procedures. .
- Good management/supervisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency with Front Desk computer systems; intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Excellent command of the English language; second language proficiency desirable. Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and telephone etiquette skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain customer focus
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow corporate standards and procedures
Experience and Education:
- High School education or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience as a Front Desk Clerk.
- Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
- Any additional training required by manager
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is a full-time position. Overtime may be required occasionally.
- Work days and work hours may vary.
- This position works indoors.
- High School Diploma / GED or better